“we loved it & we will be back”

FairBridge Inn Express at Windsor Oaks
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Grayville
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We spent 3 days at this Motel & it was one of the nicest operated places that we have stayed yet in our travel. We were greeted with open arms from the time of our arrival till our departure. The rooms were outstanding, the pool was wonderful, the best Prime Rib we have ever tasted, a great Game Room for the children & a lot of room to Roam around. A very open relaxing atmosphere with a never ending smile's & willingness from the complete staff to assist in making your stay more enjoyable. If you are traveling though Southern Ilinoi this is the place to stop off.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank passingthough25
There are newer reviews for FairBridge Inn Express at Windsor Oaks

Reviewed July 21, 2011

We were glad to be able to support a locally owned business. They have local artwork on display and for sale as well as a room where they sell wine from Southern Illinois wineries. (Who knew there were southern Illinois wineries? But they had quite a selection!) The lobby was very attractive and the rooms were large and comfortable. The walls seemed to be well-insulated as there were no noise issues. There is a restaurant/bar right in the hotel, which is convenient, and a nice continental breakfast in the morning. There are no elevators, and parking is limited to one side of the building, so if you get an upstairs room it can be a walk carrying your luggage. The room was clean except corners did not appear to have been vacuumed and there were some items missing (e.g. bag for ice bucket)--if housekeeping had just spent 3 more minutes in the room, it would have been perfect. The price was very reasonable for a room of this size. It is only a minute off the highway, so an extremely convenient location. The front desk staff and other employees all very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Gigi24060
ManagerSherry, General Manager at FairBridge Inn Express at Windsor Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2011

Thank you so much for letting us know how pleased you are with us. I have addressed the housekeeping issues and appreciate you bringing it to my attention. We always strive hard to provide the best hotel experience for our guests. We look forward to having you stay with us again. Sherry Garcia, Manager

Reviewed July 12, 2011

This hotel gave us excellent customer service. The staff were very friendly and accomodating... The room is realy comfortable for people like us who just needs a place to stay for the weekend. The bed was really comfy. And as fas as our stay in Grayville is concerned, staying at Fairbridge Inn is the high point of our weekend stay in that place. We will definitely be back at this hotel the next time we go to Grayville.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Geldelrey07

Our staff thanks you for your great comments! We all work very hard at making your stay the very best possible. Come see us soon.
Sherry Garcia, General Manager

Reviewed July 6, 2011

Five of us stayed across two rooms... one smoking, one non-smoking in April 2011. Although our room was "non-smoking", the hallway wreaked of stale cigarettes. In one room the TV did not work, in the other the fridge didn't work. Both rooms were shabby, poorly maintained and outdated; neither were properly cleaned. The worst part were the beds, at least in the non-smoking room. Both were so uncomfortable that it was difficult to sleep. My husband and I were both sore for two days from them. Plus, there were several stains on both blankets and the bedspreads had a weird smell (we took them off the beds).
The desk staff was friendly upon check-in and check-out.
We stayed because of a funeral in a nearby town. If you have no specific reason for staying there, I would suggest moving further down I-64 for accomodations.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2011

Back in April when we had Storms that come thu Carmi, il. Sherry and Her Staff took Me & My Daughter in like we was Family. And Doris that is one Lady that is a trooper of the Pack ...I just Love All You Guy's for the help You Gave Us, Thay made us feel right at home... Best Inn ever at Fair Bridge at Windsor Oak .... if ur down on ur luck due to what Me and My Baby went thu ... Them People are there to Help!!! And From Mine to Your's.... Me and Brooklynn Thank You Sherry and Your Staff for the Wonderful Love Fealt Days and Nights We had with You At Fair Bridge At Windsor Oaks.
Blessed Be Always
Sandy & Brooklynn Hogue

Room Tip: Swimming pool is up and ready now!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2011

After reading the reviews it seems all the negative reviews come from just a few events where multiple people took the time to write negative reviews on the hotel. I was assigned to work in Grayville for my company, as someone who is one the road about 90% of my time working I can assure you that this is by far one of the best hotels I've stayed at for the price you pay. The lady at the front gave me a company rate of 43.00 with tax per night. This is the usual price what you would pay to sleep in a double size cardboard bed at the Motel 6 but for the same price I received a King Sized Bed in a room easily double the size of any other Hotel I have stayed at for the price. There is a subway in the parking lot and a restaurant down stairs eliminating the hassle of driving for food. The rate also included a continental breakfast with Biscuits and Gravy, Fresh Waffles, and Fruit Salad. The room also came with High Speed Internet that is much faster than most hotels (I was able to steam Hulu is 720 p HD with no problem) In short it was a fantastic change from the typical chain hotels and if you choose to stay across the street at the Super 8 your crazy!

Room Tip: Check in with a company
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Dadles
ManagerSherry, General Manager at FairBridge Inn Express at Windsor Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2011

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! It is true that we have so many satisfied customers that do not write a review and I do understand why they don't write, with everyone's busy lives these days. That is why your review is so special to us. You took the time out of your busy day and wrote such a wonderful review. The entire staff THANKS YOU!! Come back and see us soon.

Reviewed May 2, 2011

I reserved this hotel on illinois hotels .org for 54.99 per night. Upon checkin everything was great. Then we got to the room. The coffee pot was broken so everytime you poured a cup of coffee the unit fell apart, the housekeeper just kept putting it back together. We found dirty socks under the edge of one of the beds -left from the previous visitor. Everytime we left the room the door card had to be reset, then finally someone at the front dest said-"oh there is a trick to our doors-do this to get them open" seriously- after many trips to the front desk. The phone looked like a skeleton( cover had been removed, but did work). Remote never did work-even with a battery change. The beds were like boards with springs attached to them, VERY uncomfortable. The Paradise Grill was good, great wait staff and cook, I have food allergies so I was impressed that they took the time to talk with me. When I called the hotel direct to find out if they could accomodate my food needs, the person on the other end chuckeled and said "good luck". So kudos to the cook and waitress on Saturday night, yo were a breath of fresh air. The pool area was closed, when I called the hotel and inquired, I mentioned using the pool and hot tub and NOTHING was said about the area being closed. Upon check out I was charged the regular rate of 59.99 per night- internet rate was not honored. Then when the rest of our group checked out , they apparently misfiled my payment and a that had to be reverified. Then when I got my credfit card statement I was charged for a phone call that they had forgotten to add to the hotel bill.

Room Tip: A newer hotel is located across the road..........
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
ManagerSherry, Manager at FairBridge Inn Express at Windsor Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2011

I just wanted to let you know that the pool is back up and going and ready for our guests to jump in!! Since you stayed with us, we have also fenced in our patio outside our Paradise Grill for out door dining and visiting. Hope to have you stay with us again, soon. Sherry Garcia, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Grayville
Super 8 Grayville
Four Seasons Motel
Four Seasons Motel
#1 of 2 in Mount Vernon
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Evansville North

Been to FairBridge Inn Express at Windsor Oaks? Share your experiences!