“worst service ever”

Henry Yee's Kitchen
Ranked #31 of 65 Restaurants in Grayslake
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Order from them many time's always a mistake and the old hag owner does nothing to compensate me with the mishandling. Usually done take out when I call back about something that was missed I can either come back pick it up which cost me more money and time. They have said the will give me credit for next time I ORDER but ofcourse when I did they had no record of it. The last time I ORDER I asked to be refunded on credit card and was told she (old hag) couldn't do it. Plus we ate there once only because my dad was in from out of town and want chinese and like their food from past. Terrible service of course.The old hag can care less about you and if you are enjoying yourselves. The ceiling fans above use were on hi speed and making all of cold along with the appetizers. We ask if she could turn of the fans she said I quote. (Do you want your food or the fans turned off). We said the food so as she walked back in the kitchen I stood on a chair and turned the fans off myself. Wow!!! In the end felt shorted on food portion and obviously no SERVICE!!! Be my guest go there and you will meet the old hag let me know how it goes??

There are newer reviews for Henry Yee's Kitchen

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We get carry-outs from HYK at least once or twice a month. We especially like their Sweet and Sour Chicken - it is crispy chicken and the sauce is amber - not red. Perfectly balanced sweet and sour. Their fried rice is never greasy, and when we get it with pork or chicken there is a sufficient amount of chopped meat to be an entree, too. Beef with Broccoli - how DO they get that meat so tender? Meals are ready on time for pick-up, and we think the price is a good value, too. Worth the drive for us.

Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

I'm used to good Chinese food, having been there more than once, and this is NOT it - at least from my perspective. Seems to be popular enough with locals, but I think it's perhaps a bit too Americanized. Took my six-year-old there and she couldn't eat anything but the rice. She has been raised on Chinese food and we were both sorely disappointed. On a positive note, the staff did seem friendly enough. Just not my cup of tea.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

eggrolls are to die for shrimp lobster sauce is amazing. takeout is great as it stays hot for a long time. veryquite inside,prefer takeout

Reviewed May 25, 2012

Like many Chinese restaurants they have lunch specials with egg roll, soup and entree. For the price very good food, always had good service also.