“Hidden Gem”

Cuisines: Japanese
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

After reading many of the reviews on this site, I was wondering if I ate at a different resturant. Went to have lunch with my daughter during the week. The service was wonderful, and staff was friendly. Atmosphere is very soothing. We ordered different specials from the menu, including the Godzilla roll..excellent!

• Visited July 2013

Grayslake, Illinois
“The Worst Sushi and Worst Service in a Long Time”
Reviewed August 6, 2011

The worst sushi I have ever had! I purchased a groupon here, and was excited to try it. Before going here, we went to a local wine tasting where it was unanimous, do not go there, go to Kawa instead. Wanting to use our Groupon, we went here and had Mike as our waiter, nice guy initially turned not so friendly when confronted about quality. We ordered the rock and roll and grenade. One was missing the avocado, and filled with cucumber instead. When I asked, he cut into the end of the roll and said there is the avocado, not through the roll, but at the very end, when I said it was good, but it was not what we ordered, had all the ingredients, he said he trusts his chefs, and there was avocado at the ends, not truthful if you ask me. The other roll was suppose to have baked scallops in it, missing too, and the dirty martini, gee, he was out of olive juice, well tell me about that before you give it to me instead of having me try something horrible. I lived in SE Asia for a part of my life and have NEVER experienced anything like this. We normally go to Kobe in LZ but it can be a drive, so I am going to go to Kawa next time. If you go and you have a Groupon, tell them at the end, I can't help but wonder if they skimped on the ingredients based upon a Groupon purchase. I am looking forward to hearing others feedback as well as calling and speaking to the owner and as well as gGoupon during the week. I can only hope this is not what everyone else experiences.

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank LocalOne600
“The sushi was good, but definitely...”
Reviewed February 19, 2010

The sushi was good, but definitely overpriced. The best roll out of what my husband and I ordered was the dynamite roll - it was delicious. We also has a tempura appetizer which was also good, but you got very little for the cost. Service was not very good, especially considering that they weren't that busy. I recommend driving a bit further to Hayashi.

2 Thank hoodiegirl03
Chicago, IL
“not bad for the burbs but overpriced”
Reviewed December 23, 2009

I moved up to the burbs from the city so I'm definitely critical about my sushi (and other food for that matter). SakeZake isn't bad for a nearby sushi joint, but it's also nothing to rave about. the prices are comparable to sushi restaurants in the city without the comparable quality.

Hainesville
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Sushi”
Reviewed April 24, 2009

This is one of my favorite places to eat and Im very happy to have this place right here in Grayslake. The restaurant has a very urban feel to it which is nice considering this is the far north burbs.. And the food is great too.
I will admitt that the wait staff is not the greatest but they arent horrible either... You might have to ask them a 2nd time for a glass of water or something but for the most part they are fine... The Sushi is tasty and the SakiZake Roll is my favorite! This would be a great place for a night out.