“Best BBQ Around”

The Full Slab
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is truly wonderful BBQ. The menu has lots of choices but the baby back ribs and pulled pork are my favorites. The restaurant has a nice atmosphere and the people that work there are excellent. Very friendly - makes you want to go back time and time again. You should check this restaurant out!

There are newer reviews for The Full Slab

Reviewed June 23, 2013

The pulled-pork was at least tender - that's the most positive thing I have to say. The baked beans had a strong spicy pepper flavor - I despise peppers. And it was pretty much just sitting in liquid, no resemblance of a sauce at all. The green beans tasted like they were out of a can.
I ended up only eating the pulled pork and left both the green beans and baked beans. The waitress didn't bother asking if I was done (even though I was) and just took them away. Never asked if there was anything wrong with it, even though I didn't touch it. Also, we waited about 5 min to be seated even though the place was empty. AND there was no AC when it was 90 degrees outside.
Thankfully we got $10 off, because I used a Groupon. Otherwise I would have felt more cheated than we already were. I basically paid $11 to eat a small serving of pulled pork. My husband said the fries were okay. We won't be going back there again, that's for sure.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

This was amazing. Great flavor. The only thing I can say is they need a little more help. Waitress is great but slow.. Hubby had rattlesnack pasta....very good.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I love the Full Slab and have been going there for years! We were there even when they lost their liquor license for a couple of years, the food was and has always top-shelf. However, I just want to warn, I attest with some of the other reviews in that the service is okay for the most part but one particular visit my ribs were very pink inside. OMG-the look I got from one of the servers when I said this, it was like I was the villain! Here's a tip from someone who used to be in the business: the customer was always right! That philosophy has long since departed, sad to say. While they cooked me another slab, it was with hesitation! Just that look rubbed me the wrong way, and I think I heard a neighboring table had a hair in their food. Back in the day, I would have been fired for that! Come on guys-you're better than that! Take it for what's it's worth! I want Full Slab to still be the main choice for me for BBQ, but if I ever get any hesitation in any way shape or form, ladies and gentlemen, I urge you to go a little out of your way to Hillary's! They are in fact the best and have been for a long, long, long time!

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Best ribs and greens in Lake County. Service was great. Friday night the entertainment was also wonderful. Can't wait to go again.