“Great for the most part, but.......”
Review of The Full Slab - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Full Slab
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I love the Full Slab and have been going there for years! We were there even when they lost their liquor license for a couple of years, the food was and has always top-shelf. However, I just want to warn, I attest with some of the other reviews in that the service is okay for the most part but one particular visit my ribs were very pink inside. OMG-the look I got from one of the servers when I said this, it was like I was the villain! Here's a tip from someone who used to be in the business: the customer was always right! That philosophy has long since departed, sad to say. While they cooked me another slab, it was with hesitation! Just that look rubbed me the wrong way, and I think I heard a neighboring table had a hair in their food. Back in the day, I would have been fired for that! Come on guys-you're better than that! Take it for what's it's worth! I want Full Slab to still be the main choice for me for BBQ, but if I ever get any hesitation in any way shape or form, ladies and gentlemen, I urge you to go a little out of your way to Hillary's! They are in fact the best and have been for a long, long, long time!

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Best ribs and greens in Lake County. Service was great. Friday night the entertainment was also wonderful. Can't wait to go again.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

i dont know if this place is a restaurant or a morgue. went in on a saturday night , nobody in the joint, service took forever and so called bbq was lackluster at best.sides were supposed to come with it, but they charged us for them.we complained and owner told us to go elsewhere as she finished her shot of liquor

1  Thank 160cheese
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We went on a Friday night (11/30/12) for the first time and the food and service was great! I have read other comments about the portions, food and service was not good but this was definitely not our expierence. Had a great martini special for $4 - that my wife enjoyed. Meal was about $20 but I had plenty of food and was hot and tasty. 2 adults and a child with 3 alcoholic drinks (inculdes 2 martinis and 1 large beer) for $55. Live band was playing in the bar area and was very good. Overall a very nice expierence and time. I hope that our expierence will be the norm and what other expierenced since we will be definitely returning.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Full Slab had a great choice of BBQ staples, from pulled pork to ribs to chicken, with the standard selection of combination options. The sides were unique twists on standard favorites. The cole slaw was especially good, as well as their version of loaded french fries.

An array of 6 squeeze bottles of various sauces and good beer on tap completed the experience. All in all, I was reminded of my favorite BBQ joints that I would visit in southern VA and NC, but the price was rather high compared to the local county BBQ joints of North Carolina. I think you pay for a more upscale bar like environment with unique mixed drinks and good beers on tap, so I think it is a good trade off. I was happy to find it up here in Illinois and will probably return.