“Bad Service”

The Full Slab
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I have been bragging to my daughter for quite some time about how good the food is. While she was visiting, we had dinner there. The server forgot to bring us our appetizer & our food was cold. She did offer us a free drink but that didn't excuse her error. While she was waiting on the table next to us, she just stopped in the middle of taking their order to go the the register to bring us the check. No only was she our server but also the bar tender. It tok longer than usual to be served & we were told that they were busy. There were only about ten people in the restaruant. I was so embarrased to bring my daughter, who is in the food & beverage business there & will most likely not be back.

1  Thank Kathy G

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Full Slab has good ribs but is pricey. You can robably get ribs,etc., that are a good elsewhere for less money. Only three stars because we think it is overpriced.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

I took my two grand sons and my wife to dine the quanity was meager the price was high , the food was not up to my satisfaction and the service was poor . We will not go back

1  Thank Jerry L
Reviewed July 21, 2012

It is beyond my comprehension how they stay open. They have very odd open hours. I went there for lunch several times at different hours and found the restaurant closed. When I did make in, I found the service to be quite slow. The friendly staff told me it is because they put care and do slow roast. yeah, right... I tried all the BBQ items. The meat was always tough, dry and burnt. The sauce was unremarkable as it is no different from the grocery store bottle sauce. The portion is very small but the price is outrageously high compared to other great BBQ places around the town. By all indication, this restaurant should have gone out of business long ago. Yet, here they are.

1  Thank MAX L
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This was, without a doubt, my favorite restaurant during my 2 week stay in the northern suburbs of Chicago. The staff is very friendly and talkative; I was lucky enough to have numerous conversations with the waitstaff, manager and owner. The food was very, very good. I loved the Carolina Pulled Pork Sandwich and the ribs were also exceptional. The variety of BBQ sauces was also quite impressive in both taste and authenticity. Good people, good food, and beverages served in enormous jars; what else could anyone want?