“Poor service - food took forever”

The Vine Martini & Wine Bar
Ranked #2 of 67 Restaurants in Grayslake
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Please visit our website for the most up-to-date menu.
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My husband and I went to dinner on a Friday and wanted to sit outside but half of the outside seating was reserved for a reunion. There was no one there yet and the other half was full so we went inside. Within minutes we ordered drinks, and when the drinks came we ordered our food. Two turkey burgers. 45 minutes later we still did not have our food and got up and walked out. When we told the waiter after 30 minutes he said they had a large party outside (which was not there when we came in) and he would let the manager know and asked if I wanted another glass of wine on him. I said yes but he never even asked my husband if he wanted another beer. The wine came, but no sign of the food. Another waitress gave us water and I complained to her. After over 45 minutes, we simply got up and left. The waiter and waitress came running after us and offered to get the manager. Too late. That is the last time we will go there. If you go, make sure you ask the price of the beers on the menu. On another visit, my husband ordered one and when the bill came we learned the beer (yes, one beer) was $15. We wound up not having to pay for it, but we should have been warned when ordering. Beer - market price? Really?

2  Thank alamb53

Reviewed August 19, 2012

The best place in Grayslake for a nice craft beer. I don't see why everybody complains about the prices. They are about even with every place else in the area. Food rocks, I had they're BBQ Bacon Berger one of the best I have ever eaten ever! I wish there was other places like it.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

We went to The Vine for an anniversary dinner. Started off with "The Anniversary" martini - quite tasty, but also quite expensive - good thing my husband was drinking the domestic beer that was on special to balance out the liquor bill. Food was great. We started with their pretzel bread appetizer; would have liked to try one of their burgers, but they are only served on pretzel bread. I had the Pork Chop with Gorgonzola Sauce (yum) and my husband had the Chicken Marsala. Both were served with generous portions of garlic mashed potatoes, glad both meals included them since they are very garlicy and after all it was our anniversary. We will definitely be back to try more of their menu items.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

The Vine needs to have someone come in to help them better utilize the space. They need to find a way to separate the cocktail drinkers from the restaurant eaters because it can become crowded real fast. The above creates a traffic flow problem for staff and customers as the hover around looking for somewhere to put their drinks down. Martini's very well executed, pricey, which makes people leave after 2 of them. Food great job and tasty but then again identity...are you going to be a cocktail, appetizer place or restaurant or both and fix the traffic pattern.

4  Thank msqboxer
Reviewed May 23, 2012

The Vine has a great selection of specialty martinis and other drinks, and have a fair amount of food. However, they are pretty pricy. The outdoor patio just opened not long ago, and they often have bands that play on the weekends.

2  Thank Megan E