“needs improvement”

Abel's Pizza & Mexican Food
Ranked #42 of 65 Restaurants in Grayslake
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 12, 2008

My co workers and i decided to go out for lunch and have some mexican food, we had seen abels a couple time so we gave it a try. It was the worst decision, the service was horrible the waitress did not know the name of the dishes, her presentation wasn't appropiate, overall the place looked dirty. I order a carne asada dish (skirt steak dish) and what i received instead was big chunks of not well cooked meet.

overall my experiense with abels was terrible, they really need to improve on their service and preparation skills.

do not go there.

1  Thank johnH14

Reviewed June 10, 2006

Decided to try something different with the family. Had read that this restaurant was kid friendly and cheap. It was both, sort of. Decore was delapidated early 1980's and on the cold windy night we were there, everytime someone opened the door the whole restaurant got cold. Another problem was that there was no designated "non-smoking section", so you just needed to make sure you weren't near the smokers. The menu was everything they promised. A large selection of Mexican dishes along with a standard assortment of pizzas. Several generic Italian dishes along with standard warm sandwich fare as well. Two of us had custom pizzas, and one had Mexican. All were okay, just nothing that would bring you back. The real draw is that it's really cheap and there are big portion sizes. My kids each ordered the 'kids Spaghetti & Meatballs' and there was a good size portion in their bowls. The waitress was personable and attentive, but I was hard pressed to see how she made money since there wasn't even 5 tables filled at any given time we were there - and we were there prime time Saturday night. Overall my experience there was okay, but with the Last Chance Salon just a couple of doors down, this wasn't worth going to again.