“Delicious Food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Emil's Tavern on Center

Emil's Tavern on Center
Ranked #3 of 65 Restaurants in Grayslake
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Delicious Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

Went with my husband, son and daughter in-law and one of my grandsons to celebrate my birthday, what an awesome place! Great service and delicious food!

• Visited December 2013

Grayslake, Illinois
“OK atmosphere, not the best food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

We will go there is our friends want to go out, but definitely not our first choice if we are on our own. It's a typical sports bar with impersonal service and meathead customers and not great, not bad bar food.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank cjhill2010
Denver, Colorado
“A Very Very Popular Sports Bar”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

I get to Emil's at least once a year on my Chicago area trip. This place is packed on the weekends, usually when I get to it. I do not really like sports bars because of the noise and Emil's is nothing if not noisy. I find the service very good, but I am with a crowd of people who are regulars at the place and who know and also are known by everyone who works there. I can only speak for their pizza, but it is good, never had a bad one here. Love the large tables that they have, a true family table.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
grayslake
“Week Night Visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

A little noisy, but it is a sports bar. Their Broasted Chicken is very good! Staff is very attentive.

Visited April 2013
“It All Depends”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

My experiences vary greatly each time I stop in but my review is based on the norm. The food tends to be good, especially the pizza, but the wraps are horrible. The bartenders and hostesses are rude, but most of the waitresses are very nice. It is a fine sports bar to watch the game & get a drink with friends, but it is very loud. I probably would have given an average score but there is a lot of rude staff.

• Visited July 2013