Comfort Suites Grayslake Libertyville North
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Motel 6 Libertyville(Libertyville)
View Hotel
All reviewssix flagsfront deskmicrowave and fridgerooms are largeguest laundryperfect stayhotel providedtwo queen bedseggs and sausagestaff was friendlyexercise roomnice breakfast areafamily stayed heregood sizehighly recommend this propertytwo nightsdaughter's wedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 24, 2010

Like others have said, this is a practically new building with everything a business traveler could want. Guest laundry, decent exercise room, Large, comfortable suites, and a pool and hot tub (if that's what you dig -- personally not into swimming in strange pools). At first glance, this place looks great. I stayed two nights, and worked in my room for one full day, so I got familiar with the functioning of the hotel. One of the first things that I noticed when entering the room was the size of the suite. They are large with a nice work area and a couch and coffee table. The T.V.s are large flat screens. Very nice. The bathrooms are also large and nice. One of my first problems occurred when I went to take a shower. Though everything looked very clean, I was presented with at least 4 thick long black hairs on the walls of the shower when I got in. That kind of stuff really disgusts me, but I just splashed water on them to get them down the drain and did not report it just to avoid the hassle more than anything else. There was some other evidence of shoddy cleaning in the room as well (crumbs on the floor, some gunk in the microwave), but nothing as disturbing as the hair. The reviewer that talked of the loud noise at night is correct. There is a loud rumbling sound that I think is the elevator and if your room is near the middle of the hotel, you will hear it. It is only occasional however, and not really a bother. One annoying thing but I feel nit-picky mentioning it: The closing hours for the pool, laundry, exercise room and arcade area are listed as 11:00 PM. However, at 9 PM the room key ceases to work on the doors of these rooms. The night attendants' explanation was "they want us to know where everyone is after 9." I don't understand this. We're guests, with room keys. What are we going to do, party in the exercise room after 9? Ridiculous. The staff was mixed. The young woman that greeted me when I checked in was extremely nice. The man I assumed was the manager was also very friendly. The front desk staff member on my second day was alright, but took her time attending to my needs by giving me the one-finger-up-hold-on-a-minute signal when I was talking to her and the phone rang. I hate that. I'm standing in front of you, they are on the phone. Let it ring for a minute. Anyway, all in all, a nice looking hotel. I just wish that the services lived up to the presentation. I would stay here again if I come to Greyslake, although I doubt I will.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank cowboythecat
comfortgrayslake, Manager at Comfort Suites Grayslake Libertyville North, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2010

Thank you for bringing to my attention the problem with the key card not opening the pool after 9PM. This has been corrected. It was a matter of resetting the time on the door to the pool and fitness center.
Your other comments have been forwarded to the appropriate department heads and will be addressed immediately.
I hope that you will choose to stay with us if your travel plans bring you to our area again. I truly appreciate the opportunity to correct the annoyances that you encountered. It helps us achieve our goal of true guest satisfaction.
Thank you!

Reviewed December 19, 2009

We stayed here in July 2009 and it was brand new at that point. You could still smell the paint when you walked in. That being said, it was hard to see anything wrong with it. The staff was friendly and the check in went very smoothly.
The breakfast was pretty good. The only problem we ran into was one day we went down for breakfast a little before it was over and there was very little selection. It would be nice if they get it stocked up until the end.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Daniel G
comfortgrayslake, General Manager at Comfort Suites Grayslake Libertyville North, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2011

Thank you for the nice review and the constructive criticsm. We really do take notes like this as a guide on how to imprpove our guest experience. I think we now do a better job of keeping the breakfast stocked, based on guest comments. I hope that you are able to see this improvement in action soon!

Reviewed November 7, 2009

My experience began when I was assisted on the phone by the manager.She was pleasant in every way and instantly put me at ease.I received the first timer's discount rate which beat everyone else's price in the area.When I arrived late the next night,I was greeted by two friendly staff members.The hotel was exceptional.The room was spotless and the bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in.The next morning I had a delicious breakfast.My checkout was fast and courteous.I will go out of my way to stay there the next time I visit the area.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business

Thank you for the nice comments. Your review is greatly appreciated, and we hope we do get the chance to keep you this satisfied. Come back soon!

Reviewed September 25, 2009

I will return, this was a very nice hotel, brand new. My family lives in the area and suggested going there since they just opened. The staff is super friendly and helpful. Beds are comfortable. Pool is heated, huge, and nice hottub. Breakfast was way better than we could have hoped for. The room is large with flat screen tv, fridge and microwave. Seperate sleeping area. What an enjoyable experience for a great price. Much better than any of the other hotels we have stayed at in the past around that area. I will come back to this hotel when I visit my family from now on.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family

Thank you for the kind words. We take pride in learning that our hotel exceeds the expectations of our guests. We hope that when you return, you'll see that it's our goal to keep you feeling this way!

Reviewed July 12, 2009

This hotel is a few minutes from the highway and Gurnee Mills, but we highly recommend going the extra miles for a quality/clean hotel. When we stayed, the hotel had only been open for 7 weeks. It was nicely decorated, beds were very comfortable, the pool was great and the room was more spacious than we expected and had 2 Queens and a pull out sofa. The only drawback was the quality of the free breakfast - average at best, but wouldn't deter me from staying here again. The front desk staff person was extremely nice and recommended a perfect restaurant for us for dinner - Mitch's Chicago Grill (great for families with young children). All in all, we couldn't have asked for more with our stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank qualityhotelseeker

Thanks for your wonderful review. We appreciate the kind words, and we've taken your constructive criticism to heart. I think you'll find an improved breakfast on your next visit.

We always value feedback like this as it can only help us.