“Stayed an extra day it was great.”

Comfort Suites Grayslake
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Grayslake
Reviewed August 19, 2011

This is a very nice facility. Pool, fitness area, and lobby areas were clean and spacious. The front desk was welcoming and helpful. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. The area was interesting with nature and trails to hike. It was also close to a large outlet center with amazingly low prices and selections from Bass Pro shop to Neiman Marcus.
We also found a wonderful salon with great massage service close by. If I ever find my self back in this area I would stay at this Comfort Suites.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank CatskillMountains
comfortgrayslake, General Manager at Comfort Suites Grayslake, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2011

Thanks for the nice review! We try hard to keep the hotel in tip-top condition, so it's nice when that is noticed. We agree, too, that this area has some really great things to do. We look forward to your return.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Grayslake

Reviewed July 27, 2011

Stayed here for a Great America visit. Rooms are large with micro,fridge, pull out sofa.
Got a great price with a Farm Bureau discount. Had Great America discount tickets at the desk for 35.00-best price I've seen this year. Nice pool area and hot tub. Breakfast was ok. Waffles, fruit, cereal, bagels, muffins. The eggs could use some help, like shredded cheese, salsa, veggies or something to flavor them up but overall a good selection. The entrance to this hotel is awkward though. The hotel is on a corner. Coming from the west you can pull right in, IF you see the small sign. We missed it the first time and so did my sister's family. There is no other entrance around the corner. We turned around and came back only to find you cant' turn in from the other way. You have to continue down the street to the entrance to the restaurant next door to the west and then drive through that parking lot to get to the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank clubhip
comfortgrayslake, General Manager at Comfort Suites Grayslake, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to provide this review. I appreciate your feedback.

We have worked hard to ensure that we provide the best possible guest experience, and we're glad you found our hotel to your liking. We continue to work on areas that fall short, and find the breakfast to be the most challenging. We will continue to test new items and ways to provide the best possible breakfast at the pace required to satisfy the Saturday and Sunday morning rush.

Please don't hesitate to call with suggestions so that we can make your next stay even better.

Reviewed July 2, 2011

This hotel is adjacent to the Country Squire Restaurant and Banquet Hall, and most of the guests who stay here on summer weekends are here because they can walk back to their rooms after attending a wedding reception next door. The hotel is very nice and surprisingly affordable. Our single room had two queen beds, a fairly large refrigerator and a microwave, and a couch with a coffee table. A room divder separated the beds from the couch area. The bathroom was large, clean and nicely decorated. Free in-room WiFi was fast and reliable. In my opinion the beds were not especially comfortable and the quality of the breakfast was a little low, but everything else was very nice.

First time visitors should be aware that the hotel can only be accessed from Highway 120 (Belvidere Road), and if you are heading west on 120 you must turn into the second Country Squire entrance and drive across their parking lot in order to get to the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank NerdyButNice

Thanks for the response!

This is really an exceptional review. You described exactly what you encountered, which can really help someone in choosing a hotel. (Hopefully ours.)

I'm glad you found so much to like, and I want you to know that we continue to make changes to the breakfast to improve our results. Feedback like yours lets us fine tune and evolve our offerings and service until we are certain that we exceed expectaions.

And I really appreciate your info on how to get into our parking lot. This is the one thing that is a constant challenge, and that we really can't do much about other than communicate to our first-timers exactly how to get here. But once they arrive, most are glad they found us.

Thanks for the nice review, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 18, 2011

I stayed here with my family and we came across a very friendly stay and very nice rooms. Only complaint would be that when we shut the door to leave it didn't want to lock right away. Maybe it was just me. But i would definitly stay there again.

Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank coloradomount
comfortgrayslake, General Manager at Comfort Suites Grayslake, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2011

Thank you for the nice review! I am glad that our property and staff met with your approval and earned your recommendation.

We appreciate the feedback on the door not closing properly. This hotel was newly built two years ago. As with any new building, we do occasionally come across small adjustments that need to be made to ensure the doors operate properly. Our Director of Maintenance has been instructed to make a sweep of vacant rooms this week to locate any doors in need of hinge and/or closing pressure adjustments.

We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed February 10, 2011

We are travelling frequently for gymnastics meets and this hotel was the "designated" hotel for out of town meet participants. Negotiated special rates for meet so price was good.

Check in: Slow and tedious. Only one other person in line, but it took twenty minutes to check in at 4:00pm. Desk person was not friendly, did not provide us with the gymnastics bags sitting right next to her even when we stated we were with the meet. We learned about these from the meet director two hours later and had to request one. She wasn't happy about the request and snarled: "don't you see them over there in the basket in the corner?" No I did not see them.

Room: Room was very clean, comfortable, and had no odors. Carpet was in good condition as was the other furniture and items. Bathroom was good also. We reserved the room for six people, but there were only three towel sets. No problem to ask for one other than the crabby front desk lady told me none were available as the hotel was full. What??? Later went into the pool area and found an abundance of bath towels - grabbed them and took them to our room.

Pool: Wonderful pool area with plenty of tables, chairs, and lounges. Many kids and many responsible parents who monitored their children. Pool closes promptly at 11:00pm and the staff makes sure this rule is enforced.

Breakfast: Expanded continental breakfast. Various cold cereal, hot cereal, milk, orange and apple juice, two types of white milk, yogurt, apples, oranges, and bananas. Various prepackaged danishes, wheat and white break, english muffins, biscuits and gravy with sausage bits. Egg product - an egg pancake - tasted like egg substitute with the texture of a pancake. Not horrible, but not very good either. Waffle batter with two griddles, large single waffle and four small waffles. This was a nice option to have the small waffles as I only wanted one. Various butter, margarine, honey, jellies, and syrup single serving containers.

Checkout: Very quick and very helpful person. Asked at 6:30am if extra washcloths and hand towels were available and was immediately given four of each. Exact opposite personality and customer service of what we received the evening before.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank MinnesotaM-GreenBay
comfortgrayslake, General Manager at Comfort Suites Grayslake, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2011

Thank you for your detailed feedback! The ability to receive such precise data from a guest is something that all hotels should value, and we do.

Let me first address the issues with the staff member that you mentioned. I am sorry that you experienced the problems that you did. This is not acceptable behavior on the part of any staff member, and the answers provided to you regarding the towels and the information packets are also unnacceptable. We will use this as a training opportunity, and I am confident that we will show improvement. (Incidentally, the maximum occupancy of any of our rooms is five people, so for us to have checked six people into a room may demonstrate another error on our part.)

Each room should be equipped with four sets of towels, since our average room occupancy is 1 or 2 people - and we should always have those extra towels available with a simple request. I will reinforce this with our staff at our next team meeting.

Your review of our breakfast was very insightful, and again, I thank you. We regularly evaluate the items we provide and review them against guest feedback to ensure that we meet your expectaions. Many items have been replaced through this process.

Overall, it sounds as though you found our hotel to be a good one, and I see that you would recommend it to a friend. Please do, and we hope to have the opportunity to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 25, 2010

I stayed at the hotel because my hometown football team were staying there. My son is on the football team and I thought it would be nice to stay in the same hotel. Guest services were very polite and helpful. After checking in we were told that the pool didn't close until 11p.m. My boys were very excited. We went straight to the room and they got changed for the pool. Around 10:50p.m. we returned to the room and the boys began their showers. My daughter laid down on one of the (really nice and very comfortable) beds. I went to lay beside her and asked that she move over. She rolled over and one of the pillows fell to the floor. I noticed hair on the other pillow. I got up and moved all of the pillows from the bed and noticed more hair on the sheets. Grossed out to the max I called the front desk. The clerk was very nice and said she would move us to a different room and she would bring the key up. I took pictures and explained to her that I could show her the pictures, because she explained to me she couldn't come in the room, but she believed me because all of their housekeepers have long hair. Really upset after hearing that, because that is not an excuse for the hair on the bed on or underneath the pillows. But we moved to the other room, I did a walk through called the front desk clerk and thanked her so much, because that room was so much nicer (clean). She told me she had spoke with the front desk manager, but the general manger (gm) would be in in the morning. Woke up the next morning everything was fine. Went to check out, informed gm wouldn't be in until Monday morning and the front desk clerk (different one from the night before) apologized saying, "I'm so sorry I can't do anything for you."Not like I asked her to do anything in the first place. But she assured me the gm would take care of me on Monday. No problem, until a parent comes up to me and explain the front desk clerk just gave her half her money back, because the people next door kept them up all night, now remember the same front desk clerk just told me there was nothing she could do for me. I asked her if she was sure that just happened, the parent she looked at me and said," Yes why do you ask that?" I said, "Just asking." Very upset now. I called the hotel on Monday morning and asked to speak with the gm. Connected me with Tim, explained to Tim about what happened and he asked if I was moved to another room. I told him yes. Tim then said he could give me twenty (20) dollars off my room. I explained to him about what the other parent had told me. He said, "They did what, o they should not have did that, we never do that, I'm going to have to talk with my staff about that." I told him that was fine that he talked to his staff, but I don't think that's fair the other lady gets half of her money back due to noise in the next room and here I was laying on a bed of someone else hair and the excuse I get was all our housekeepers have long hair (Tim conformed that as well, as if I should of been ok knowing they have long hair and it could have been one of theirs) you just want to give me twenty (20) dollars. Tim explained to me that the two situations could not be compared, and his staff made a mistake by giving that woman half her money back. I totally agreed with him and told him my situation was worse. I asked for a phone number for a manager over him and Tim explained to me that he was the gm and there was no one over him. At that point I asked him if he was the owner and Tim said no. So I asked him for the number for the owner and he said he could not give that out. I told Tim what I would like as the outcome, and he said yeah ok. After hanging up my co-worker, who was listen to the conversation, said that not good enough call him back. I called Tim back and said what I had to say and he said, "O.K. mam I see there is no pleasing you, we moved you to another room and that was still not good enough." I told him that I didn't care because that's something he needs to take up with the housekeeper who was supposed to have cleaned the room and take it out of his/her paycheck if he felt like that, because that what he/she gets paid to for (making sure the rooms are clean for the guest). Tim replied,"Really, that's harsh." At that point I just hung up the phone on Tim, because who is he to tell me that I'm being harsh and what I can and can't compare. I would of been fine with moving to a different room, but don't pick and choose who you want to satisfy as customers, and make excuses like all our housekeepers have long hair (did the housekeeper roll around or comb her hair on the bed before she made the bed and put the pillows on the bed). I agree with Tim that the situations could never be compared because there's no way you can justify hair on the bed that's made up. Not to mention I find this site and someone else complained about hair on the shower wall, and Tim was quick to inform them that he had gave their complaints to management and they would be handling their complaint as soon as possible. I was never ask if I wanted someone from management to contact me, considering he told me there were no managers over him, he was it. Again all customers should be treated equal with the same respect, not saying you have to do the same for each customer, but complaints should be prioritized, and rooms being clean should be at the top of the list.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank HARSHsaysmanagement
comfortgrayslake, General Manager at Comfort Suites Grayslake, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts after staying with us recently. I apologize that you were unsatisfied with your stay at our hotel. While we strive for perfection, we do realize that occasionally, mistakes will be made, and we are sorry that one affected you.
Our housekeeping staff is well-trained, dedicated, and very meticulous and each team member does a phenomenal job in keeping our property spotless. Our guest scores and comments regularly reflect this. The fact that you encountered a stray hair is unfortunate, and our room checking process should have caught this mistake. We goofed. Still, your suggestion of deducting the cost of a room from the hardworking staff in that department is not something that I'd choose to do.
I'm glad that the room to which you were moved met with your expectations and that you were able to enjoy all of the amenities of our property from that point forward.
And, as you and I agreed on the phone, you were refunded the entire amount of your stay with us, not just a portion. I hope that you will try a Comfort Suites again soon, knowing that our commitment to your satisfaction is something we live by.

Reviewed September 23, 2010

I stayed here overnight on a business trip. I didn't know what I'd be getting myself into since the cost of staying here was WAY less expensive than pretty much every other major hotel in the area that I had researched before booking, but the reviews seemed solid. I was SO impressed by this hotel, from the friendliness of the front desk to the updated decor and facilities (just walked by the pool and fitness room - didn't use) and the really hearty breakfast (included). The only thing I would recommend is asking for a room on the side of the hotel not facing the road, since I could hear a few cars going by and I am a very light sleeper. Overall, I am definitely staying here again!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank SgPeppersLHCBand
comfortgrayslake, General Manager at Comfort Suites Grayslake, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2011

Thanks for the review! I'm very glad you took the chance to discover a new hotel and I'm more glad that you found the experience to be a good one. We are really still a new hotel (1.5 years old) and we love that we're been able to attract travelers like yourself. I hope we have earned the chance to see you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Grayslake
Candlewood Suites Chicago Libertyville
Comfort Inn Gurnee
Comfort Inn Gurnee
#2 of 11 in Gurnee
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago-Libertyville
Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Hampton Inn Chicago/Gurnee
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Gurnee

Been to Comfort Suites Grayslake? Share your experiences!