“Guess what!?! They're closing!”
Review of Mississippi Half Step - CLOSED

Mississippi Half Step
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Located in the historic Brainerd house in downtown Grafton, Il. We offer a broad selection of entrees from steaks and pork chops to unique and fresh pasta dishes which are complimented by our house salads, homemade desserts and fine wine.
Manor, Texas
“Guess what!?! They're closing!”
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Had a great dinner here Friday night. They are shuttering it on Sunday!!!!! A waitress said the owners have a young child and want more family time.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Iliketoea

Orange Park, Florida
“Great food and great atmosphere!”
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

If weather permits, sit outside, beautiful view! Service was great and the meal was even better! There were 5 people in our group and everyone raved about their meals! The blackbean cakes were awesome, a must try. The steaks were great too and the stuffed chicken. Highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited June 2014
“2 out of 5 stars”
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

Friday night is usually a busy night for restaurants but this place was dead! That should have been a warning. Stuffed mushrooms were stuffed with a processed crab-like paste and the presentation was sub-par. Salad was ok, steak was cooked good but very fatty. My husband had fried catfish which was served withy a dressing-consistency tartar sauce. Not a good experience at all - would not recommend.

Alton, Illinois
“Best catfish!”
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

I love this place. If we lived a little closer I would visit more often. I always get the fried catfish John, good salads, wings, burgers & crab rangoon. I only have it 4 stars because sometimes service is a little slower than most but at the same time that allows you to really enjoy your meal & the atmosphere.

Franklin, Indiana
“A Gem !”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

There are so many neat things about the whole River Road/Grafton experience, and among those and in second place, right behind the gorgeous scenery, is the Mississippi Half Step. Everything is cooked to order just as it should be, but the waiting time has never been an issue for us. The service is just right, it's a relaxed atmosphere and then the food ! I can honestly say that my wife and I have never been disappointed in any dish that we've been served. My personal favorite is the catfish but again, at this place you really can't miss.

• Visited February 2014