“Dinner and Breakfast”
Review of Mississippi Half Step - CLOSED

Mississippi Half Step
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located in the historic Brainerd house in downtown Grafton, Il. We offer a broad selection of entrees from steaks and pork chops to unique and fresh pasta dishes which are complimented by our house salads, homemade desserts and fine wine.
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We had an excellent dinner as part of a large group on a busy Saturday evening. Good service and very well-prepared food. My husband and I came back on Sunday morning and had a very nice breakfast. I tried the "Bald Eagle" and found it very tastey. Jim had pancakes and eggs-he is very picky- and said they were great!!

There are newer reviews for Mississippi Half Step

Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is a really neat restaurant in an old house on Main Street. The basement is very cozy with a grotto like atmosphere. The food was for the most part good, but I would stray away from the chicken livers - - they were fried in old grease. The scallop special was very good however.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I love being in these old places and trying to figure out what the rooms were originally designed to be. I think I was eating what would have originally been a sitting room or living room. Loved the old fireplace. The food and service was WAY above average. Romantic but not formal or stuffy. Can't wait to visit again.

1  Thank WindstarTravelGirl
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I had dinner here with my husband and another couple while spending the weekend in town. This would be the one nice place in town. As a result, we did have to wait for a table on a Saturday night in July. The building is an old house converted into many small eating areas. The charm of the building fits the town. We had seafood and salads. It did take awhile for our food and drinks but I think that was due to being busy. Food was good, nothing exceptional, but best spot in town for nice dinner. There is some seating outside but it was too hot to consider.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We had an excellent dining experience at the Mississippi HalfStep. Service was flawless and our food was excellent. My son had the shimp fetticini alfredo. My husband had a steak with the garlic butter compote and I had the surf and turf kabobs with a small strawberry salad for the first course. Everything was excellent. Our meals (with a glass of wine and 2 beers + tip) was around $80! We will go back for sure!