“Not family friendly”

Cuisines: American
Iowa
“Not family friendly”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Pretty cool drive up and the views are great but that is the only good thing about this place. Poor atmosphere, poor service, if you have any one underage you get put into a stuffy bench area or you are stuck with the smokers and no view. Food was pretty good, but pricey. Only one server, so good luck actually tasting the wines. Probably the worst stop of our 13 day road trip. We actually ordered and got our food to go, it was that bad.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Kris P

Louisville, Illinois, United States
“The view”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The view from here was great. Very nice. Good wine. Good food, very relaxing.
Nice staff. The cabins looked nice but didn't get to stay in them.

Visited June 2013
oconee
“see it all!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The aeries winery has the best view in the Midwest. The food was great and the view was even better. They had a live one man band when we were there. They have a good wine selection, but do not have their own wine. still a great stop!

• Visited February 2013
St. Louis, MO
“A superb view of the river and cute cottages.”
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a cottage after buying a one-night stay through Groupon. The cottage was cute with one large room containing a bed, table with 4 chairs, small fridge and microwave, and a separate bathroom with a large jacuzzi tub. The bed was a little soft but didn't bother our backs. The in-wall heater/air conditioner was loud and woke us whenever it kicked on - that was our only complaint. We were pleasantly surprised to find 2 muffins and 2 cans of orange juice in the refrigerator; it was a nice small breakfast. We had drinks at the winery, but didn't try the Aerie's brand on wine. The selection of wine is large. We also didn't eat there. We will definitely return for day trips.

Visited May 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Nice Scenery, BUT Horrible Customer Service”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We recently visited Grafton IL and decided to stay at Aeries Winery and Lodging. Upon checking in we decided to go to the winery (actually a restaurant overlooking the river). While walking from our cabin at Aeries I decided to grab my beer and finish it while looking at the beautiful scenery. Upon walking in to the restaurant, a gentlemen immediately grabbed my drink from my hand and poured it out. He didnt say who he was or asked that we dump it out. He was actually lucky I did not deck him for approaching me like that. We were all in such shock and amazement that we couldn't actually believe what had happened. The other people in the restaurant were just as shocked as we were. The man that grabbed my drink out of my hand said "You cannot bring drinks in here" I said that is fine, I was finishing it up and going to throw it away right before you grabbed it out of my hand. I told him that we were staying at the property and were coming in for wine and dinner and he said that he didnt care, Im the owner. We were so disgusted by this ignorant person (Supposedly owner) that we decided to walk to another winery and eat dinner and have drinks. By handling this situation in such a poor fashion, this business lost a rather large tab to the tune of $225 since we took our business elsewhere as well as the negative reviews that we will tell our friends. We will definitely be back to Grafton but NOT Aeries!

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank Bryan S

Been to Aerie's Winery? Share your experiences!