“A superb view of the river and cute cottages.”
Review of Aerie's Winery

Aerie's Winery
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Grafton
Cuisines: American
St. Louis, MO
“A superb view of the river and cute cottages.”
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a cottage after buying a one-night stay through Groupon. The cottage was cute with one large room containing a bed, table with 4 chairs, small fridge and microwave, and a separate bathroom with a large jacuzzi tub. The bed was a little soft but didn't bother our backs. The in-wall heater/air conditioner was loud and woke us whenever it kicked on - that was our only complaint. We were pleasantly surprised to find 2 muffins and 2 cans of orange juice in the refrigerator; it was a nice small breakfast. We had drinks at the winery, but didn't try the Aerie's brand on wine. The selection of wine is large. We also didn't eat there. We will definitely return for day trips.

Visited May 2013

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Nice Scenery, BUT Horrible Customer Service”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We recently visited Grafton IL and decided to stay at Aeries Winery and Lodging. Upon checking in we decided to go to the winery (actually a restaurant overlooking the river). While walking from our cabin at Aeries I decided to grab my beer and finish it while looking at the beautiful scenery. Upon walking in to the restaurant, a gentlemen immediately grabbed my drink from my hand and poured it out. He didnt say who he was or asked that we dump it out. He was actually lucky I did not deck him for approaching me like that. We were all in such shock and amazement that we couldn't actually believe what had happened. The other people in the restaurant were just as shocked as we were. The man that grabbed my drink out of my hand said "You cannot bring drinks in here" I said that is fine, I was finishing it up and going to throw it away right before you grabbed it out of my hand. I told him that we were staying at the property and were coming in for wine and dinner and he said that he didnt care, Im the owner. We were so disgusted by this ignorant person (Supposedly owner) that we decided to walk to another winery and eat dinner and have drinks. By handling this situation in such a poor fashion, this business lost a rather large tab to the tune of $225 since we took our business elsewhere as well as the negative reviews that we will tell our friends. We will definitely be back to Grafton but NOT Aeries!

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank Bryan S
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Best View of the River”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stopped in for drinks. There is a food menu but we didn't eat. The wine, drink list is extensive. And the view cannot be beat. Excellent view of the Mississippi. Comfortable place to have a drink and enjoy good company and a good view. Friendly wait staff.

It is up an incredibly steep road, but worth it to get the view from the bluff.

They also have lodging but I know nothing about it. They have just added a zipline.

• Visited May 2013
edwardsvile
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great! will definetly come again”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed in one of aeries cottages a few weeks ago. We bought a groupon to try the place out an am really glad we did. the cottage was clean and cute - included a jacuzzi for two, which also was clean. Also, there is a winery on the property, which is great if you want to have a drink and not worry about driving. We had a pizza and a cheese plate at the winery and both were great, as was the beer and wine selection. Also the view was AMAZING! Both lodging and the winery are really high, so you get a great view of the river and the bird of prey.

We'll definitely be back!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank ashley c
Batchtown, Illinois
“Great food and fantastic view!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stopped here for a Girls Night Out, I had the special which was a filet with garlic mashed potatoes, asparagus and a salad. Oh my gosh, it was as good as any steak I've had at Ruth's Chris!!! It melted in my mouth! Highly recommend it! The view is incredible too, you can see the confluence of the Illinois and Mississippi Rivers and all the way down to the Alton Bridge.
You can't leave Grafton without stopping here!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank helensievers75

Been to Aerie's Winery? Share your experiences!