“What a trip!!!”

Grafton Zipline Adventures
Ranked #2 of 16 things to do in Grafton
Reviewed February 28, 2013

What an awesome experience!!! Nine zips through the trees overlooking the Mississippi River, beautiful. The guides were great, very professional, safety was their first priority. Can't wait to do it again and again!!!

1  Thank Jill C

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Awesome.... Simply Awesome... We had a great time!!! The guides were great and they made sure that we had a safe and good time.

1  Thank Stacie M
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I did the Grafton Zipline Adventure Thursday, Nov 1st. They have the choice of 4 times during the day and we choose the 12 noon time. We arrived as we were told 30 minutes early to get fitted for equipment, be briefed on how to's, and pay for our adventure....which was $60 p/p. I believe the price was $80 thru October so we got a deal because we will do it again & again, even at $80 p/p. A short walk out to platform #1 and our 2 guides gave us our last minute instructions and last rites! Just kidding...........they both were excellent with keeping us informed and loose and laughing. The 1st zipline was a short 300 ft line that was a good starting line for everyone. Next came a 700 ft line followed by a very nice 1500 ft line. The next 5 lines were really fabulous, the longest was next at 2000 ft in length and 250 ft high...WOW, what a view!! The next 2 were just as fun even though slightly shorter at 1200 ft and 1000 ft. These both might have been slightly faster. Then a 1300 footer that crossed a creek and limestone bluff was followed by the fastest line at 1500 ft. Our group of 8 laughed as my wife came in alittle hot on this one and one of the guides caught her before she hit a tree. Actually, it is set up where she would never hit the tree, but her abrupt stop was funny to watch!! The final line is a short 300 footer that gets you back on terra firma so the guides can take you back up in large ATV's.
SAFETY is their #1 concern and everything is set up to be just that, but concern #1A is FUN!! And you WILL have a blast!
I checked out some other Ziplines all over N. America online and there are a few that are longer than Grafton's longest 2000 ft line, but most of the places that do have a longer one have only the ONE line. One zip in Tahoe is 3300 ft in length but is a single line and it costs $80 per trip! One in Durango, Co has 27 lines, but none I believe are longer than 1200 ft. They do include a portion of the train ride on the Durango & Silverton RR, lines that cross the Animas River and a gourmet lunch. BUT, it is $450 per person!! The only zipline that might beat Grafton for bang for your buck is found in Costa Rica and since I don't plan on a trip there soon, hard telling how much that one is!!
We were told that they even do night adventures with tiki torches lighting the way. We are up for that next time. If you are anywhere near Grafton, look them up online. You WILL have a great time. Oh, BTW, after riding the lines enjoy lunch at the Aerie's Winery about 300 feet away and have a great pizza with some wine overlooking the Mississippi from about 300 feet above!!

8  Thank TNT51
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We were on a river boat ride with family and friends and were stopping off in Grafton. We decided to go on the Zip Line and are thrilled we did. Nine of us joined another couple and we had an absolute blast! The Zip Line is thrilling and extremely beautiful. We had the pleasure of seeing it in Fall colors. Though a bit rainy and cold, there is no way to spoil the excitement of standing on a platform swaying in the trees or "soaring with the eagles". The staff were excellent both in going out of their way to accommodate us and being extremely safe and professional, but also made the ride so much fun! They are hysterical...we laughed and joked around when appropriate and made the two hours two we will remember forever. As soon as we were done we wanted to head right back out and do it again.

4  Thank Jennifer F
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife, sister in law, her fiancée, and I went on a local weekend getaway at the end of September and Grafton was our destination. My wife and I had zip lined in the Smoky mountains and were itching to do it again, so Grafton Zipline was the spot. I didn't expect as great of views as we had in the Smokeys but I may have been wrong. The longest line approaches a 1/2 mile and 300 feet in the air, it is breathtaking. The guides were fun and personable. They are discussing night Zips soon and we plan on being there for when they start.

Great time and highly recommended!

2  Thank Adam C