“This hotel is centrally located and a short walk to many of the local nitelife spots”
Review of Ruebel Hotel

and 1 more site!
Ruebel Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Grafton
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

My Wife and I were looking for a nice long scenic motorcycle ride so we followed Illinois Route 100 along the Illinois river until we hit Grafton The ride was what we hoped for and the highway was full of fellow bikers We knew there were lots of bars and wineries there as well as places to eat so we called on a Thursday for a Saturday reservation. This is not a big place and we got one of the last 3 rooms It was clean and fairly quiet despite all of the motorcycles and street traffic The bar is impressive and dates back to the 1903 worldsfair There is also a deck that overlooks the river The food was good and the beer was cold! I'm planning on going back , Maybe in the Fall and I would stay here again. Also, they have free Wi-Fi which is always a plus in my book .

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank wad62

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Nice, clean inn. Friendly staff. Great price for rooms and location. Cool bar that was from the S. Louis World's Fair in the early 1900s. Had an eerie experience...heard tapping on my hotel room door, got up to see who was there...no one. Did it a couple more times, and the same thing happened. I later asked the front desk guy is the hotel had a history of ghosts, and he said yes, especially the back part of the hotel where our room was. Thought so.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TheRaininSpain
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

The feeling of this hotel is just wonderful. Full of charm and comfy beds.

The location is perfect to walk to everything you would want to see with the town. Having a restaurant attached is very cinvenient as well...though the kitchen closes at 9 pm...like every other place in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank ORourkies
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed there for the weekend and had 2 different rooms because we got the last room they had . We upgraded the next night when one was available . Both room`s were Fantastic . Bed`s were very compfortable , everything is clean , Internet and dish ,and a refrigerator . The owner`s and the staff were very helpful and very nice . Just a Beautiul old hotel kept very Nostalgic . The bar at the hotel is Gorgeous and the beer was cold what more could I want ? We`ll be back when the leaves are changing . Ginger & Chris

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mic-Chris M
MoKhamee, Owner at Ruebel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We continually try to keep the nostalgia of the hotel while trying to give our customers up to date amenities for their comfort. Our standard rooms which are the cheapest are small but very nostalgic as it reminds people just how it was back then. They are very cozy and comfortable. Bigger is not always better in some instances. We greatly appreciate having customers like yourself. We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

This place is great. The people who work here are nice and their rooms are more than adequate. This location puts you in the middle of everything whether you're planning to go the state park or go to Alton for the day or spend the entire time in Grafton. In the mornings they have a delicous breakfest at a resonable price. DONT go anywhere else for breakfest. Only wish I could have booked me and my girlfriends room during the weekday as they are apparently substancially cheaper. The only cons I'd say is that the "special rooms" arent really worth the money. Just get the standard or the superior. And the rooms are a little small but if your going to be on the move they are cozy and comfortable. Tons of channels on the satelitte. Your're within walking distance of pretty much everything inside of Grafton. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid the riverview room or the specialty rooms. Get standard or superior for better value.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I just had another PERFECT stay at the Ruebel Hotel. I have lost count the number of times I have stayed there, Mo & Karen and the staff makes you feel at home. A special thanks to MS April for always being a great hostess. If you want to get away from everything and do nothing but relax, the Ruebel is the place for you. The rooms are very very clean and charming, go stay there, you will not be disappointed. PLUS the food is AWESOME at the Ruebel restaurant!!!!!!!!
Make sure while you are there to visit the Ruebel ice cream and sub parlor too.

Mike B.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
MoKhamee, Owner at Ruebel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. It is an absolute pleasure to have
a customer like yourself. We look forward to seeing you every time you stay with
us. Have a nice Fall and we look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Grafton
Pere Marquette Lodge & Conference Ctr, BW Premier Collection
4 mi away
Green Tree Inn
Green Tree Inn
#1 of 2 in Elsah

Been to Ruebel Hotel? Share your experiences!