“Great local stop for breakfast, lunch, or dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Busy Corner

Busy Corner
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Goodfield
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Normal, Illinois
“Great local stop for breakfast, lunch, or dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Located in the middle of nowhere (Goodfield exit on I-74), this place a great place to stop for a meal while on the road. Great family feel to the restaurant. Every time we have been there, the staff has been very friendly and quick. They have a large menu with a lot of variety. Try the homemade pies! The prices are fair. It's well worth the trip from Bloomington or Peoria for something unique where they take good care of their customers. Very highly recommended.

• Visited May 2013

Litchfield, Connecticut
“YUMMY!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Great stop for great food at a great price! The hash brown casserole is to die for. I was supposed to share it with my husband but once I tasted it, sharing was out of the question. We couldn't make up our minds about which pies to try so we ordered 6 different ones. Outstanding! Glad I don't live here or I would gain 10 pounds inside a week.

• Visited July 2013
Lombard, Illinois
“excellent breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We went to Busy Corner based on the recommendation of a friend, and we were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food and service. Goodfield is pretty much the middle of nowhere, but if you're driving from Bloomington or Champaign to Peoria, then this is a great place to stop for breakfast or lunch. We had omelets and pie, and both were very good. Service was fast and attentive, and the prices are reasonable.

• Visited July 2013
Champaign
“Well Worth the Drive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

My Sweetheart and I enjoy looking for new places for Sunday brunch. The Busy Corner was recommended by a colleague at work, but it is a long ways from home--more than a hour's drive. Last weekend we had to go to Bloomington, Illinois, which gave us the excuse we needed to try the Busy Corner, just a few miles west of the city. We arrived at 10:30 on Sunday morning and the place was packed and overflowing, with about twenty people ahead of us. After coming so far, we decided the wait was worth it, and it was. We were seated within a few minutes (I took the time to make a phone call) and had excellent breakfasts: poached eggs, hash browns, bacon, blueberry pancakes, and coffee that tasted like coffee. The Busy Corner is famous for its variety of pies. We didn't sample any, but the people around us did. Anyone who can enjoy pie for breakfast would think this place heavenly.

• Visited June 2013
Bloomington, Illinois
“Good food, service and location.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Enjoy the delicious hand breaded tenderloin with fries. We substituted potato salad at no additional charge. We chose to top the sandwich with dill pickles, fresh cut onions, tomato slices and mayonnaise.

The meal was complete with a slice of pecan pie and a swirl of soft serve vanilla ice cream. Pies include toll house, strawberry, blueberry, banana, apple, cherry...the next time I'm here, I'll start with dessert.

RC Cola and Dr Pepper products in addition to coffee and tea. The folks at a neighboring table said the malted milk shakes are good.

Friendly and attentive service.

Handicapped accessible.