“It came from the 80s” 2 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
New Lenox IL
“It came from the 80s”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

I expected to hear Flock of Seagulls or Duran Duran playing in the elevator. This place needs an update badly.

The dining options are not the best either. We did not get the chance to eat, not due to lack of hunger but lack of availability. The breakfast buffet and area closes promptly at 11am. We arrived at 1055a to find everything picked over and waiter who did not seemed interested in serving us. So off we went to the other restaurant that opens at 11am for lunch. And once again they really take the time seriously as it literally opened at 11am. Nothing was ready or would be ready for sometime so we left and went to Bob Chinn's instead (loved Bob Chinn's).

Overall it was clean,the staff pleasant, and the bed was comfortable. However in this price range and general location you have many other choices and I would seek those out. Several hotels we've had better experiences at are just down the street from this one. "and I ran, ran so far away....

Room Tip: If you do stay here try and get the side opposite of the interstate. It was pretty noisy at night a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Doug W
Matthew C, General Manager at Wyndham Glenview Suites Chicago North, responded to this review, September 14, 2014
On behalf of the staff of the Wyndham Glenview Suites, I would like to personally thank you for leaving a review of your stay. We appreciate any and all comments so that we can do whatever it takes to increase our guest satisfaction for all of our guests to make a better experience overall.

Wyndham Glenview

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

Aweful.
Holes in the doors, popcorn ceiling, dirty toilet, dusty corners, PILE of dust behind the couch, horrible service, and outdated rooms.
There was a patched up incOmplete repair in the middle of our door from the "living room" to the bedroom.
The popcorn ceiling is right put of the 70's.
The toilet had a ring of yellow and brown around the inside of the bowl.
The corners around the carpet and bathroom were dust.
My sister moved the couch and found a pile of dust.
The TV was dusty.
We had a problem with our renting a movie through the tv service and after two calls ( one 12 rings and no answer) we were told it was down (but still being offered through the tv) and wouldn't be fixed until after our stay.
One of the servers was making fun of my sister in Spanish not knowing that she speaks fluently.
Just filthy and disgusting all around horrible.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Alex-03128

Wyndham Glenview

Travelers are raving about these Glenview hotels

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

Staying here for business and while the rooms are huge, welcome to 1980. Overall cleanliness is above average and the beds are comfortable. In the heatwave we're having the AC works great. The rooms are suites and have a large sitting room with couch, desk, kitchenette with microwave, fridge and coffee maker. The bathrooms are old and you can see signs of them starting to crumble. There is a pool and nice atrium and I'm sure my kids would enjoy this place. There's room for 4 in a room with the pull out couch, and even a door between the sitting room and the bedroom for privacy. Overall just OK.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Matthew C, General Manager at Wyndham Glenview Suites Chicago North, responded to this review, October 26, 2015
Thank you for choosing the Wyndham Glenview Suites Chicago Northshore for your recent stay. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a review to share your comments. We strive to exceed all of our guests expectations during their stay and we use these reviews as a training tool so we can continue to make any necessary changes to please all of our guests. Each week I discuss all of the reviews with my executive teams to recognize the employees that stood out, and to discuss what we need to improve on to enhance the overall stay.
Please feel free to contact me if there is anything that I can do, and we look forward to seeing you again on any return visits to the area so you can see the changes that we have made in our service and property.

ny
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

You have read all the reviews and descriptions of this hotel and the physical descriptions are accurate and do help to make a pleasant stay. However, it has become a bit needy and should go through a thorough renovation.

In our case our complaints are simply the atrocious room cleaning service. Upon arrival, we saw that we had only 1 hanger in the closet. Not a big problem and we would let the front desk know about this when we went for dinner.
A very pleasant gentleman who listen ed to our problem apologized and indicated that a minimum of 5 hangers should be there. He asked us whether we wanted male hangers or female hangers or a combination of both--his words not mine. He explained that female hangers have skirt clamps where as the mens hangers do not. Okay, that settled he was going to give us 5 of each to make certain we were satisfied.

When we came back into the room, we saw just 4--without skirt clamps. Not a problem and we handled it.

The following day we arrived back at our room after 3 pm and it was NOT serviced at all. Again we went to our friendly front desk and they apologized, marked it on a list and said it will be taken care of.

After dinner, we came back to the room and discovered that the baskets were not emptied, they did not replace the used bath towel, they just took it away, we were out of coffee packages-they did not refill them and did not replace the used paper coffee cups. Again we made a trip to the friendly front desk, lodged our complaints, saw them written down but this time the desk lady searched for coffee packages and gave us a handful. When asked for the coffee cups because we had none, she could not find them and said they will have to be taken care the following day.

The shower head was off the shower pipe, the water turner-oner rumbled loudly when it was turned on, the bathroom door was rotted on the bottom but we said nothing for it was a minor issue to us. The lighting was very poor.

The next day, after the room was supposedly cleaned and brought up to "snuff", my wife remarked that it seemed that all that was done was to make the beds. Sure enough, I had to find the cleaning service to give us a roll of toilet paper and a box of tissues--both of which were empty.

This was our last night and I decided to complete the form asking what we thought of our stay. I sure did. I at least expected a response via e-mail but nothing came. I have to assume that Wyndham does not care and since there are many people available, they can afford to lose customers.

As a final note, several of our party had similar cleaning problems and brought them to the friendly people at the front desk.

As I indicated, I have stayed there 5 times but will never stay again.

I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel.
1 Thank needinfoplease
Matthew C, General Manager at Wyndham Glenview Suites Chicago North, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your guest experience at our hotel. We appreciate any and all comments that you have to offer so that we can recognize outstanding service form a certain employee, or learn what we need change to be able to meet all of your needs for a better guest experience.
All of your comments have been discussed within our executive team and we thank you for taking the time to share them with us.

Wyndham Glenview Suites
(847)803-9800
Jeffersonville, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

i was at this hotel 2 weeks ago on business when you walk into the place it looks great but dont let that trick you because they spent all there money to pull you into the hote,l staff members dont care. the room that i was in was very out dated tube tv in the bedroom couch had holes in it frig i think was from the 80's the ac in the room was runing the time of my stay wich was for 3 nights and i think it got down to 75 at night at the lowest i was in a room on 2nd floor next to loby, would not stay in that room again music from the loby was very loud at all time. but from all that, ive seen worse/ i was very disapointed when i paid over 300$ for 3 nights and went to get breakfast in the morning and had to pay another 9.00 for that beacuse it was not included in with my rate i paid for that the first morning the hash browns where very salty and cold and this was at 6:10 in the morning bacon as well was very cold ,only good thing was the coffee but for 9.00$ its was horrible i will never stay there again.

Room Tip: dont buy the breakfast.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Daviddanes
Our property has just completed a renovation of our Swimming Pool area as well as our Fitness Center. We have also increase our Complimentary WiFi Speeds and have started installing 42" LCD TV's in the bedroom area of the Guest Suites to compliment the already installed 32" LCD in the Living Room Area and have updated our 2 Business Centers. We are undergoing lots of other upgrades to the property and we cannot wait to see you again so you can see all of the upgrades since your last stay with us.

Wyndham Glenview Suites
(847)803-9800
Kankakee, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

When researching hotels before our trip, I found this hotel but didn't book it because there were several bad reviews here on tripadvisor. We booked Holiday Inn-Ohare instead. That place was terrible...we were going to stay five nights but wanted out of there. We visited the Wyndham Glenview Suites and they showed us a suite. It was wonderful. We packed up and got the heck out of Holiday Inn-Ohare and moved to Wyndham Glenview Suites and had four wonderful nights there. The place is BEAUTIFUL, suites are spacious and I got a great rate with my Illinois Farm Bureau discount. If we go to the area again, we will deffinately stay at the Wyndham Glenview Suites. Incase you're wondering...as I do when I see a great rating..no, I do not work for Wyndham. We truly had a wonderful experience there!!! We would highly recommend it to anyone! Thank you Wyndham Glenview Suites! :)

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor and had no outside noise at all.
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Chattanooga, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

Stayed over the weekend in July 2012. It was a wedding mania at the property as several large groups were staying at this property. Overall, we had a pleasant weekend stay at this property. Rooms are okay. Nothing impressive. My room 636 - 1. Bedroom carpet had a pull . Was annoying to look at. but not a big deal. 2. Shower experience - Next morning The Water was warm. Then during the shower the water turned alot cooler. I felt sorry for my 2 year old who was shiverring in the shower. I'm not sure why some property's have issues with the water heater and most others seems to have plenty of hot water. That was my sour / bad issue.

It was to late to address this with hotel management as after the shower what's the point. ...

Wasn't pleased overall with Wyndham. But it's a place to stay. My other choice was to join the rest of my wedding party at the HIlton NOrthbrook which I didn't want to do since I wanted more space.

Room Tip: NO FREE BREAKFAST AT THIS PLACE! They must have changed from years ago when they did offer one.

Wyndham Glenview Suites Chicago Northshore
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glenview
Courtyard Chicago Glenview/Northbrook
BEST WESTERN PLUS Glenview-Chicagoland Inn & Suites
Staybridge Suites Glenview
Hilton Northbrook
Hilton Northbrook
#1 of 4 in Northbrook
DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie

Been to Wyndham Glenview Suites Chicago North? Share your experiences!