“2 Night stay”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Glenview
Michigan, USA
“2 Night stay”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Excellent for a quick business trip. Room was quiet ( big bonus), clean and spacious. The only complaint if the towels were thread bare which I found strange.

Tina at the breaksfast buffet has a smile on her face and will do anything to help. Great addition to the staff.

Overall staff very friendly and accomodating, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Natasha J, Manager at Courtyard Chicago Glenview/Northbrook, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Hello Anne_Pereira,

Thanks for taking the time to rate and review the Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Glenview. We take pride in the service we provide and were happy to learn our efforts made your experience a positive one.

Should your travels bring you back to the area, I hope we have the opportunity to be your host once again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Korean first
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed here on two separate occasions, first Saturday May 18 and again on Sunday June 9, 2013. Overall, we enjoyed the experience. Check-in and out on both visits was efficient. The rooms were very clean and nicely decorated. The beds were comfortable. There as a flat screen TV but no refrigerator, which seemed a little surprising for this level of hotel. It was very quite in spite of being within 15 minutes of O'hare and Midway airports. The sound insulation is extremely good.

The business center is excellent and comfortable and the lobby and courtyard provide a nice feeling of elegance. There was coffee in the lobby the first day we arrived, but not the second although the rate had increased. Although breakfast is offered, it is at substantial extra cost. The rates we paid seemed reasonable (breakfast aside) for the location and the proximity to Chicago. There is a little tuck shop for snacks and wine at fair prices. There is also some convenient restaurants within walking distance.

We would stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Cashman777,

We were happy to read your review outlining your experience at the Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Glenview. We take pride in the service we offer, and were happy to learn our efforts met your expectations.

We hope to be your host again in the future.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights at the Glenview Marriott near Chicago. The staff that greeted us each morning for the breakfast buffet was wonderful and truly made us feel at home. They were attentive, and so helpful. The front desk staff was wonderful as well, and the room was a great deal for the cost, the bed was comfy, TV large & new, towels fluffy and plentiful. We'd stay again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hello Walter H,

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments regarding your experience with the Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Glenview. We were happy to hear our hotel met your expectations. We take pride in the service we offer, and find ourselves motivated by your comments.

We hope to have an opportunity to be your host again in the future.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Stayed here recently while visiting family in the area. Room was okay size and seemed fairly clean. Liked having a view into the courtyard area. What I didn't like was that we had to pay for breakfast. Honestly, I thought most hotels had gone to the included buffet, but not this one. However, if you don't order their "made to order eggs" it's way cheaper. Having children along on this trip, my husband and I didn't want to have to go to a restaurant to eat breakfast. So, we paid for breakfast in the hotel. Won't stay here next time. Not impressed. Also, beds were not very comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Natasha J, Manager at Courtyard Chicago Glenview/Northbrook, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Hi Casey W,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of your experience with the Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Glenview. We were sorry to learn our hotel may not have met your expectations, but want you to know your business is important to us. On select dates, packages are available which do in fact include breakfast in the rate, otherwise, as with all other Courtyard hotels in the Marriott family, meals are not included. I also wanted to mention we are currently in the process of completing our complete property improvement plan which will include all the guestrooms and common areas.

Should your travels bring you back to the area, we ask that you give us another try.

Best regards,
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I found the price to be a bit high. I liked the before tax price better. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I couldn't get the pocket door for the bathroom closed. Close to lots of dining and shopping. Very nice front desk people.

• Stayed June 2013
Hello ChopChop,

Thanks for taking the time to complete a rating and review of the Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Glenview. Our entire team takes pride in the experience we create, and were happy to hear we were able to meet your expectations.

We hope to see you again soon.
Monmouth Beach, New Jersey
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I travel extensively for work and have been staying at the Courtyard Marriott in Glenview, IL. Each time I stay there I get nothing but consistent, excellent service from all of the staff. They truly understand the meaning of customer service and know how to make you smile even on a bad day. Special thanks to Lisa Roberts and Lynn Cutler from the facility.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hello Gina Y,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your experience with the Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Glenview. We were happy to learn our efforts consistently meet your expectations.

We look forward to your next arrival.
Urbana, Illinois
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard in Glenview for five nights on a business trip in May, 2013. I checked in late on Sunday night (around 10 pm) and the process was quick and easy. I had called a few days ahead and asked for a refrigerator and was told they would put a note on my reservation. I inquired about it when I checked in and learned that it was not in the room yet, but would be delivered shortly. Sure enough, within about fifteen minutes a nice, clean mini-fridge was delivered to my room and set up. My room was on the street side (not Milwaukee Aveneue, but Lake Street), first floor at the very end of hall. I was right next to one of the exterior doors and the farthest away from the lobby area. I loved this set up because it was easy to carry in my luggage and I was out in the morning and back for lunch each day I was there, so being right next to the exterior door was very helpful. Since I didn't take advantage of the morning breakfast or need anything from the lobby, the fact that it was so far away didn't bother me at all.

The room was clean and comfortable and the bathroom was spacious. I especially enjoyed the fact that the drain in the shower kept up so I didn't have to stand in 4 inches of water while I showered. There was plenty of hot water and the water pressure was good. The internet connection was alright and got the job done for work on my laptop and netflix, but was problematic for Skype on the iPad.

I liked the heavy duty treadmills in the exercise room, although I would have preferred an elliptical. The pool/hot tub area was clean and organized. I used the pool one evening and thought the water was little chilly, but that may just be me.

Overall, I have no complaints about this hotel. There is a nice restaurant right across the parking lot which offered to deliver my pizza one night. There is easy access to Milwaukee Avenue. If you want to go left on Lake Street you just have to drive around the parking lot of the restaurant and make a left turn since the lot for the hotel does not allow for that. I had no problems at 8 in the morning make a left hand turn on to Lake Street from the restaurant exit.

My business went a little past check-out time and I was concerned about the items in the refrigerator sitting in my car all morning before I left town. I spoke to staff and they allowed me a late check-out so I could gather my items from the room and refrigerator which was very helpful!

I didn't have a lot of interaction with the staff, but there was one evening maintenance/custodian who always seemed to be staying busy. I thought the entire property seemed clean and well-kept.

Room Tip: I brought a fan and was not bothered by any traffic noise. Being next to the exterior door was a li...