Courtyard Chicago Glenview/Northbrook
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Glenview
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Stayed here recently while visiting family in the area. Room was okay size and seemed fairly clean. Liked having a view into the courtyard area. What I didn't like was that we had to pay for breakfast. Honestly, I thought most hotels had gone to the included buffet, but not this one. However, if you don't order their "made to order eggs" it's way cheaper. Having children along on this trip, my husband and I didn't want to have to go to a restaurant to eat breakfast. So, we paid for breakfast in the hotel. Won't stay here next time. Not impressed. Also, beds were not very comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Natasha J, Manager at Courtyard Chicago Glenview/Northbrook, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Hi Casey W,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of your experience with the Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Glenview. We were sorry to learn our hotel may not have met your expectations, but want you to know your business is important to us. On select dates, packages are available which do in fact include breakfast in the rate, otherwise, as with all other Courtyard hotels in the Marriott family, meals are not included. I also wanted to mention we are currently in the process of completing our complete property improvement plan which will include all the guestrooms and common areas.

Should your travels bring you back to the area, we ask that you give us another try.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Chicago Glenview/Northbrook

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I found the price to be a bit high. I liked the before tax price better. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I couldn't get the pocket door for the bathroom closed. Close to lots of dining and shopping. Very nice front desk people.

• Stayed: June 2013

Hello ChopChop,

Thanks for taking the time to complete a rating and review of the Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Glenview. Our entire team takes pride in the experience we create, and were happy to hear we were able to meet your expectations.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I travel extensively for work and have been staying at the Courtyard Marriott in Glenview, IL. Each time I stay there I get nothing but consistent, excellent service from all of the staff. They truly understand the meaning of customer service and know how to make you smile even on a bad day. Special thanks to Lisa Roberts and Lynn Cutler from the facility.

Hello Gina Y,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your experience with the Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Glenview. We were happy to learn our efforts consistently meet your expectations.

We look forward to your next arrival.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard in Glenview for five nights on a business trip in May, 2013. I checked in late on Sunday night (around 10 pm) and the process was quick and easy. I had called a few days ahead and asked for a refrigerator and was told they would put a note on my reservation. I inquired about it when I checked in and learned that it was not in the room yet, but would be delivered shortly. Sure enough, within about fifteen minutes a nice, clean mini-fridge was delivered to my room and set up. My room was on the street side (not Milwaukee Aveneue, but Lake Street), first floor at the very end of hall. I was right next to one of the exterior doors and the farthest away from the lobby area. I loved this set up because it was easy to carry in my luggage and I was out in the morning and back for lunch each day I was there, so being right next to the exterior door was very helpful. Since I didn't take advantage of the morning breakfast or need anything from the lobby, the fact that it was so far away didn't bother me at all.

The room was clean and comfortable and the bathroom was spacious. I especially enjoyed the fact that the drain in the shower kept up so I didn't have to stand in 4 inches of water while I showered. There was plenty of hot water and the water pressure was good. The internet connection was alright and got the job done for work on my laptop and netflix, but was problematic for Skype on the iPad.

I liked the heavy duty treadmills in the exercise room, although I would have preferred an elliptical. The pool/hot tub area was clean and organized. I used the pool one evening and thought the water was little chilly, but that may just be me.

Overall, I have no complaints about this hotel. There is a nice restaurant right across the parking lot which offered to deliver my pizza one night. There is easy access to Milwaukee Avenue. If you want to go left on Lake Street you just have to drive around the parking lot of the restaurant and make a left turn since the lot for the hotel does not allow for that. I had no problems at 8 in the morning make a left hand turn on to Lake Street from the restaurant exit.

My business went a little past check-out time and I was concerned about the items in the refrigerator sitting in my car all morning before I left town. I spoke to staff and they allowed me a late check-out so I could gather my items from the room and refrigerator which was very helpful!

I didn't have a lot of interaction with the staff, but there was one evening maintenance/custodian who always seemed to be staying busy. I thought the entire property seemed clean and well-kept.

Room Tip: I brought a fan and was not bothered by any traffic noise. Being next to the exterior door was a li...

Hi UI270,

Thank you for taking the time to rate and review our your experience with the Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Glenview. The entire team take great pride in the service and product we offer, and we were happy to learn our efforts met your expectations.

We hope to have an opportunity to be your host again in the future.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife, daughter and I stayed two nights while attending a friend's wedding. Check-in was courteous and quick. The hotel is very clean and the room was pleasant. Bed firm but not back-aching firm. My daughter curled up on the couch and was comfortable there to sleep. Free internet is a real bonus which I greatly appreciate because some hotels charge a fortune for it. My other daughter and son-in-law came in for one night and were upgraded to a suite which was really spacious. This hotel had rates significantly less than others in the Chicago North Shore area and we were perfectly happy to stay there. Pool and workout room looked great although we didn't use them. I just put four stars because a number of luxuries weren't present at this level. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear James G,

Wedding groups are one of our specialties. We were happy to read your review outlining your experience at the Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Glenview. Our team was excited to learn their efforts made for a relaxing stay.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Wonderful breakfast with our hostess Tina Southerland providing her beautiful smile and friendly, courteous assistance, helping us with our table and serving our tea. Highly recommend, and very much appreciate Tina's sunny disposition getting us started for our morning business.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Hello whthird,

Thank your for rating and reviewing our hotel. The entire team of the the Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Glenview takes pride in the experience we create and were happy to read your review. Yes, Tina certainly is the morning ray of sunshine in our hotel.

Best wishes,

Reviewed May 8, 2013

In area for business and hotel was close to my appointment. Had a reservation and check in was very fast. Room was clean, workout room had 3 treadmills and pool area was well kept. Hotel was full, but I never heard any noise from adjacent rooms, hallway or floor above.

Dear Martin K,

Thank you for you positive rating and review of our hotel. The entire team at the Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Glenview takes pride in the experience we create, and were happy to learn we met your expectations. I am happy to inform you, we are in the final phases of a complete property improvement plan which will include all of our guestrooms and common areas. Should your travels bring you to the area again, we invite you to use our newly designed fitness center and equipment.

Best regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glenview
Best Western Plus Glenview-Chicagoland Inn & Suites
Delta Hotels by Marriott Chicago North Shore Suites
Staybridge Suites Glenview
Baymont Inn & Suites Glenview
Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook
Hilton Northbrook
Hilton Northbrook
#1 of 4 in Northbrook

Been to Courtyard Chicago Glenview/Northbrook? Share your experiences!