“First time visit - Good, not great.”
Review of Ted's Montana Grill - CLOSED

Ted's Montana Grill
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Mundelein, Illinois
“First time visit - Good, not great.”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Wanted to try something different, so we thought we would give Ted's a try. My wife is a fan of Bison, I am not, however the menu had other choices that I thought I might like. Should have own, that the restaurant was pretty quiet (lots of empty tables) for a Friday nite that this was not going to be good. Started off with a basket of Potato chips with ranch dip, and an order of grilled shrimp on a toasted garlic ciabatta role with garlic butter. Appetizer was very, very good. My wife ordered the Bison Pot Roast, I order the Beef Ribeye. My wife really enjoyed the pot roast, very tender, lots of flavor. My ribeye ($29) was very disappointing. Ordered Medium, came out medium well, not much flavor had to add some salt and pepper. The steak appeared to have been frozen, thawed and cooked. The steak fries were good, the garlic broccoli, had a burnt taste to it. My wife says this dining experience was a 4, I gave it a 2, overall it was a 3. BTW.....Our server was Tiffany she was great, very nice and friendly. Sorry but unlikely we would go back.

• Visited February 2014

Chicago, Illinois
“Not what Ted intended”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I can't put my finger on this but Ted Turner was going for food you might find from Mom... but I do not like the execution. It feels like they get the crowd who could not get in any other restaurant in the area.

Glenview, Illinois
“Good food at a good price in Glenview, IL”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

This restaurant offers a fairly wide range of food choices at good prices. The wait staff is friendly and accommodating. Their planked salmon is tasty and offered in two sized portions. Parking is nearby, but you might have to walk a half to a block to get there.

1 Thank foodfan089
Waukegan, Illinois, United States
“A New Experience In Dining”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was skeptical at first when I heard that bison was on the menu. But I went with a group of family members to celebrate a birthday. I was so pleasantly surprised about the knowledge of the server, the fantastic menu and the warmth of the place. We received samples of bison before we ordered, so that if we didnt like the bison, we could change anything on the menu to either beef or chicken. The food was awesome. It was cooked exactly to order and was hot when our meals came out. The atmosphere was warm and we enjoyed our meals. When the waiter found out about the birhday, she brought out some ice cream and a large cookie for the birthday girl. How festive.
And as I always do, I checked out the ladies room. It was very clean and nicely put together.
I would do a MapQuest for directions if you aren't familiar with the town of Glenview. Parking at the time of nite that we went, seemed rather limited. But we found a public lot behind the stores.

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank Jane W
Des Plaines, Illinois
“Bison burgers-great.”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Ted's is a great place for burgers. Fries are hand cut. Service is sometimes a bit slow. Busy times could mean a wait for a table. They don't take reservations, but will do call ahead seating.

2 Thank educate316