“A New Experience In Dining”
Review of Ted's Montana Grill - CLOSED

Ted's Montana Grill
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Waukegan, Illinois, United States
“A New Experience In Dining”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was skeptical at first when I heard that bison was on the menu. But I went with a group of family members to celebrate a birthday. I was so pleasantly surprised about the knowledge of the server, the fantastic menu and the warmth of the place. We received samples of bison before we ordered, so that if we didnt like the bison, we could change anything on the menu to either beef or chicken. The food was awesome. It was cooked exactly to order and was hot when our meals came out. The atmosphere was warm and we enjoyed our meals. When the waiter found out about the birhday, she brought out some ice cream and a large cookie for the birthday girl. How festive.
And as I always do, I checked out the ladies room. It was very clean and nicely put together.
I would do a MapQuest for directions if you aren't familiar with the town of Glenview. Parking at the time of nite that we went, seemed rather limited. But we found a public lot behind the stores.

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank Jane W

Des Plaines, Illinois
“Bison burgers-great.”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Ted's is a great place for burgers. Fries are hand cut. Service is sometimes a bit slow. Busy times could mean a wait for a table. They don't take reservations, but will do call ahead seating.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank educate316
chicago, illinois
“best bison burgers”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I always order the naked bison burger. It is moist and soo good! Several years ago I was in Montana, I was looking forward to ordering the bison, in "bison country". I was so disappointed, it was hard and dry, could not compare to Ted's. I asked Ted's upon my return, how they can keep the lean meat juicy, they told me after it's browned they cover it. It is now my favorite place for a burger. Some of my friends like the beef hamburgers and the fresh fish also.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank chocohalic1
Kent, Ohio
“Trying too hard to be different”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Had dinner here the other night. Very noisy. Even without the kids, it's still noisy. Unless you're a fan of hamburgers (or do you prefer Bison burgers?) the menu is nondescript. Nothing to bring me back. Absolutely nothing. The menu features hamburgers of all kinds, with all kinds of stuff on them -- from trendy bacon and fried eggs to spicy jam to pepper jack cheese to let your imagination soar...or crash, take your pick. Service was adequate; our server explained that the place is owned by Ted Turner, who owns two million acres of land in Montana and there are Bison on it, which explains the bison burgers. Onion rings were overcooked and looked it -- deep brown, not golden. My bison burger was ok, but for $15 I would expect something besides fresh fries (which were ok) a paper thin slice of tomato and a pile of shredded lettuce. The modest, to be expected wine list is so so -- at $8.50 a glass. Back to the noise...despite the bar up front, this seems to be a family place. It was empty at 9 pm on a Saturday night. From 7-9 however, it was full of families with small kids...loud, jumping up and down in the booth kids. Seems that with the burger-intensive menu, Ted's is trying to be different, trendy, even cute, maybe? Ted's is trying too hard, in my view...I don't see a trend, it's not cute and it's not THAT different -- at least positively different.

• Visited April 2012
“Quick Eats”
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I have only had the shrimp caesar salad here. It was good but not great. They're big on the buffalo burgers which my family doesn't like. So we don't go to this restaurant.