“Gluten-Free Pancakes and Waffles!”

Walker Bros. Original Pancake House
Ranked #1 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Glenview
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chicago, Illinois
“Gluten-Free Pancakes and Waffles!”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

The ambience isn't anything special -- it's a pancake house with booths and tables in a low-frills setting. But the staff is friendly and there's a yummy gluten-free menu that offers delicious gluten-free pancakes and waffles. (Cue the chorus of angels singing.) The price is right, the service is good and the coffee is hot. Not a healthy meal but, once in a while, it's truly a gluten-free treat.

• Visited October 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
San Francisco, California
“Amazing breakfast”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I love going here for breakfast. I really like the coffee they make and they always serve it with cream which tastes great. I love to order the eggs Florentine and my husband gets the buttermilk pancakes. My son likes to order strips of bacon. We don't go very often because your calories pile up pretty quickly eating here but it is a great treat. Also on Sundays the wait can be 40 mins unless you go really early like 7 - 8 am. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who love eating out for breakfast. It is the best in Glenview !!

• Visited June 2013
Newton, Massachusetts
“Still a great apple pancake, and a fast, kid-friendly breakfast”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I've always loved Walker Bros, since I was a kid- and while I eat a little differently now than I did then, the food is still delicious, and it comes out quick. The line moves fast (it's really a line- they don't take names), and we got there at 8:30 am, and were done by 9:15. Perfect for small kids. Portions are large for the apple pancake and the German pancake.

• Visited September 2013
“Stumbled on this gem”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

This place is going to be a regular stop whenever I'm in Chicagoland. Only one of the six people at our table who ordered this beast could finish it. I'll share with my wife next time.

• Visited August 2013
Baltimore
“Awesome breakfast/brunch place!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Wow... Just wow... with my mouth wide open.

What an absolutely fantastic breakfast/brunch place! It's one the best, if not the best, breakfast place in the area. Walker Brothers has an extensive menu with all the breakfast items you can imagine plus more. I love the apple cinnamon pancake and I highly recommend it. But beware, it's not one of those thin pancakes you'd normally eat. It's a monstrous concoction of goodness beyond your wildest imagination. The omelettes here are also probably three times the size of normal ones and would certainly fill you up. The waffles are crispy and thick, and the crepes are to die for. Wow... I love this place.

I've only been here on Saturdays, and it's majorly packed during the breakfast/brunch hours. The parking lot is cramped and waits are long, but I assure you it's so worth it. Even with Walker Brothers being so busy, service never slacks.

Every time I leave the restaurant, I just can't fit through the door (fine, this is an exaggeration). But when I sit down in the car, I do have to unbutton the top button of my jeans. You can't leave Walker Brothers not full.

Visited January 2013