“Just Average”
Review of RA Sushi

RA Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
RA Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 164 Restaurants in Glenview
Good for: Business meetings
Good for: Business meetings
Illinois
“Just Average”
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Used to go to this restaurant practically monthly...it was an absolute favorite. Just went on wednesday 07/23 and a bit disappointed overall.
Happy hour deals were awesome. Got appetizer, tempura, a couple of rolls, and dessert. These were our usual orders. The food didnt taste as good as in the past. The flavor was bleh: uneven flavoring - a little salty, watery, bland, off-taste compared to past.
Our server did about averagr- wasnt overly pleasant, didnt make eye contact, had to wave her down once to order a drink. Only time checked-in with us is after we had received our dessert.
I'd still recommend this placr, just during happy hour time if you like those items in menu. Otherwise - food is a bit pricey for what it is. Or, just hang at bar.

Lincolnwood, Illinois, United States
“Good food, good service”
Reviewed July 15, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

All in all I like this restaurant. One thing I can't figure out though- why do they not serve any coffee after the meal, but only offer tea? I get that it's a Japanese restaurant, but come on!

Visited June 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“No Ra Ra for Ra”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Group of us came to Ra for lunch. Atmosphere was nice but seemed to be understaffed and had a difficult time determining where to seat us and who would wait on us. It was not crowded. Menu was adequate for lunch but nothing special. Service was mediocre at best. Ordered sushi but failed to give us one order until we were ready to pay (they did comp it). Server blamed the chefs. Green tea had an odd taste to it, different from any I have tasted and I have eaten at many oriental restaurants and drank green tea. May be it was me but others had the same experience. Prices were typical. Frankly I would go elsewhere for Sushi.

• Visited June 2014
Elkhart, Indiana
“Fun and Funky atmosphere”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

My husband and I visited Ra for dinner the night before we left for vacation. We were in the mood for sushi and looked it up on TripAdvisor.

Once we got there, we immediately liked the fun and funky décor and atmosphere. The location is in a very nice area and the restaurant is very nice and well kept.

The staff were friendly and our server made recommendations and was knowledgeable about the food.

We tried flavored Saki (both apple and raspberry) and enjoyed both very much. The apple tastes slightly better than the raspberry.

The sushi was fresh tasting and well prepared. The rolls were tight and they were filled with meaty portions.

The bill was very reasonably priced for a sushi meal and we were happy to have hit the "happy hour" for sushi and got most of it at 50% off!

Overall, our experience at Ra was a very positive one.

• Visited May 2014
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Chain sushi joint that delivers pretty good food”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

The decor is nice, the wait staff were super friendly - which is what you expect in a chain restaurant. The menu was nothing special - all the standards that you expect. I was disappointed in their signature rolls - nothing exciting compared to other places I have eaten recently. The salmon sashimi was great, the octopus sashimi too tough and the lobster mango sushi roll pretty good. A nice Asahi Black topped it all off and the bill wasn't excessive.

• Visited November 2013