“Bigger is better”

Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Highland Park, Illinois
“Bigger is better”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Came here for lunch with a friend after a dress fitting at Gigi's next door. A Glenview institution, I had never been here before. They have a lovely patio with outdoor dining and it was a perfect summer day so we decided to give it a try.

Obviously well known for their burgers I decided to give one a try. You can either order the 8oz burger or the smaller 4oz one. I thought that 8oz sounded like a heart attack so I went with the smaller one. I think that was a mistake. It was kind of small and thin so that I didn't much beef flavor. Other than that burger and toppings were perfectly satisfactory as were the accompanying fires. I would certainly go back and give the larger burger a try.

Service was a bit slow, but seriously who cared on such a perfect day?

Lake Bluff
“Hack attack”
Reviewed July 30, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Been going here for years. What's not to like. Onion Rings, fries, good burger, what could anyone ask for more? Also, good drink. Would recommend Hackney's to anyone.

Visited June 2014
Highland Park, Illinois
“Hackneys - a Glenview classic”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

For a good family burger you can't beat Hackney's, either on Lake or Harms. Great burgers, and of course you must order the brick of onion rings. A half-order is plenty. I like the fried clams appetizer too - nice and chewy. The Harms patio is a nice place for a drink.

Park Ridge, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sandwich Quality or lack thereof !”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Bad Sandwich. Dark rye not fresh (fell apart and not fully sliced in half) Sauce - sweet (probably thousand island mixes with relish ??) NO apparent sourkraut. but worse... the Meat. I have Never before experience a Reuben sandwich with tough meat except yesterday at Hackneys on Harms. [ lucky I have my own teeth]

After twenty or so visits I shall never return. As to why didn't I complain ? seated with a large party would you< and risk what kind of sandwich I would get if I did complain !

1 Thank Edward T
Skokie, Illinois
“always great”
Reviewed July 3, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Best place around for burgers or just a turkey sandwich. Everything made to order and fresh. Outdoor patio a summer tradition.

Visited June 2014