“egg-celent lunch”

Ranked #12 of 169 Restaurants in Glenview
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I enjoyed everything about my first visit to Egg Harbor. the décor was fun with egg everything everywhere. the meals were fresh and non-complicated, and my blackberry iced tea was very good. they even send you off with a full tea to go.

I will go again when I'm in the area.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I hadn't been to Egg Harbor Cafe in quite some time but my friends wanted to meet there for a birthday celebration. I didn't feel like breakfast and most of the lunch entrees were either salads or cold so I thought I'd order the special, a pulled pork sandwich. It came with potatoes and a small side salad (all on the same plate which, in itself, I didn't like). The sandwich was almost inedible. A few strands of fatty pulled pork, hunks of ham with bacon & cheese. They did not meld well and when the waiter asked me how I liked my sandwich, I was honest and told him it wasn't good. At the register, the hostess asked me the same thing and I said the same thing and got, "I'm sorry." Each to his own. Will return but will never order the pulled pork special sandwich again.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Very good breakfast selections coupled with excellent and friendly service make this a "sure bet". It features the traditional breakfast fare in all it's varieties (eggs, meats, fruit salads, pancakes, toast) and all are fixed very well. The blueberry pancakes were especially tempting. Our particular favorite was the "Scrambler Combo" which allowed us to get scrambled eggs, meat, and vegetables all in one. We "upgraded" to the all-berry fruit salads and had the blueberry pancakes. As good and well-balanced a breakfast as one could expect away from home -- as long as you avoid the strong temptation to eat all of the (not so) mini blueberry pancakes.
One particularly nice feature: as we were finishing, they asked if we would like our drinks packed "to go". Wonderful. (Good business too because people will leave their tables quicker.)
The place was always active -- and we were there about mid-day on weekdays.
Some of the locals we visited suggested Egg Harbor and we were able to tell them we'd already been there -- and that it was an outstanding suggestion.
The restaurant was very clean and the staff simply wonderful.
Love this place. Highly recommend.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I had their special - a crepe Lorraine with scrambled eggs, ham and cheese topped by a hollandaise sauce. The eggs were overcooked and their was so much paprika on the hollandaise that the flavor was ruined.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Over several years we've visited several different Egg Harbor Cafes in the Chicago area; all are consistently good with high quality ingredients, an extensive menu (that does change with the seasons), with something for everyone - plus daily specials. I've tried a lot of different breakfast and lunch items, and never been disappointed. My only complaints are that it is sometimes very crowded (especially on weekend mornings), resulting in long waits, and it closes at 2 or 3pm so it's not open for dinner!