“A Decent Restaurant in a Hotel Lobby”
Review of Porters

Porters
Ranked #109 of 168 Restaurants in Glenview
Cuisines: American
illinois
“A Decent Restaurant in a Hotel Lobby”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

The service was very good, as was the food. The odd thing though, you are sitting in an area of the hotel lobby that has just half height walls. So, you can hear people checking in, front desk conversations, we even heard a vacuum that was running in a hallway somewhere nearby.
For a good meal, it's a good spot. For ambiance, I would look at a more traditional place.

Visited March 2014

Hurley, Wisconsin
“Very Good Food”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I had breakfast at Porters both days that I attended a convention and it was good but there were no breakfast meats that I could find. We all should really stay away from these but at least a piece of ham or bacon would have been nice. I really cannot complain about anything because the service was nice and there was plenty of everything. If you are looking for sausage, bacon, or ham, this is not the place to go. If you are looking for something very healthy, this is a two thumbs up. I would go back hear again on my next stay because I now know what I am getting but just do not be surprised if there is no meat...

Visited October 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Free barf bag with your dinner!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Really the food prep was bad and I got sick after I ate, of course they said it wasn't them that I must have eaten somewhere else, I did, upstairs for breakfast. Great if your on a purging diet!

Visited September 2013
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Good breakfast”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Best part is the service! You do have to pay a fee to eat here but nice area plus there is nothing else around anyway.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank SuperAnonymous
Juneau, Alaska
“weird atmosphere but someone is paying attention to the food”
Reviewed February 25, 2012

this restaurant is located in the lobby of the Wyndham hotel in glenview.. It feels awkward to eat in this space and the night we ate here we were the only guests. Our waiter, Nadia, was excellent and included little touches such as sprinkling a salt and herb mixture into the dipping olive oil. Some of the food was excellent - our favorite was the tomato feta salad. Other items we had such as the cedar planked salmon and steak were well prepared and tasty if not very innovative.

• Visited February 2012