“Decent food, but not very flexible”
Review of Wild Pita

Wild Pita
Ranked #30 of 165 Restaurants in Glenview
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Chicago, IL
“Decent food, but not very flexible”
Reviewed October 21, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The pictures show pita plate with lettuce, tomatoes and onions because the photographer thought they made for a better picture. In reality--pita, sauce and falafel--no accoutrements. We tried to get them to SELL us lettuce, tomatoes and onions, but no deal--the owner makes the rules, and no way to enter it into the computer. Ridiculous. How about selling what the plate is pictured as in your slide show? We will stick with ZuZu's down the road on Waukegan in Morton Grove. Much more customer friendly. I will say their curry based lentil soup is excellent, as is their garlic sauce--but don't ask for more than one sauce--no deal--an extra fee. THAT they figured out how to charge for.

Visited October 2013

Glenview, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I get the combo platter everytime because I want a nice sampling, and there's so much food I have lunch for the next day. The aromas from the kabobs and pilaf are amazing. I love greek food. They're spicy sauce and tahini is great to have on the side - always ask for extra. They are friendly whenever I walk in there. The place looks very clean as well.

• Visited May 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Wild Pita proves fast food can also be healthful and delicious”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

There are a few Middle Eastern places in the Glenview area; but, this is by far the best. The beef shawarma and chicken shawarma over saffron rice are delicately flavored and piping hot. My daughter very much enjoyed the vegetarian special plate (it can be so hard to find decent vegetarian dishes). Nestled in an inconspicuous shopping strip, Wild Pita is spotlessly clean and has a very friendly and accommodating staff. Do not miss this neighborhood gem

• Visited February 2013
chicago
“Welcome addition to the neighborhood”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

This stretch of Waukegan desperately needed some ethnic takeout joints and we were thrilled when Wild Pita opened up. The combination dinner is great for two to split, ordered along with some of their killer falafels. Portions are very generous and freshly prepared. Just make sure you ask for dressing, yogurt sauce, whatever, it's not automatically included. It's the next best place to Pita Inn that we've come across.

Visited November 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent!!!!”
Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

I was in town for a business trip. I wanted to try something different to eat. I went on trip advisor, and found wild pita on it. I said what the heck, i love middle eastern food. I was staying at double tree hotel by old orchard mall. I took a cab to this place. First off, i dont know what the reviews on the cashier were in here...but she was amazing. Very patient n helped me choose the right food. I went with the baba ghanouj for an appetizer. It was the best appetizer. The roasted eggplants gave a very sparky raste. The best i have ever had. I ordered the combination with chicken kabob. The plate for that price? It was amazing. The rice was excellent, the kefta kabob were juicy n tasty, the beef shawarma was the best i have tasted, and the chicken kabob was out of this world. Very flavorfull n cooker perfect. I cook, and i know chicken is hard to grill. They made it perfect. I was very impressed, i have always heard chicago has the best food. So far, i am very very impressed. I will come back to place the next time im back in town. Also, the hot sauce, tahini, and garlic sauces were just another great addition to the plate that made it even more tastier. The garlic sauce on chicken kabob was the best. The service was amazing, the chef came out to check on everyone and he was very friendly. Thank you wild pita, you will see me again. Good start for the hype chicago gets on their food.

1 Thank eMneM83