“Come when it's less busy and the place is magical......”

Kohl Children's Museum
Ranked #1 of 20 things to do in Glenview
More attraction details
Owner description: A bright and friendly place for children of all ages, featuring a life-sized train car and a water room.
Reviewed April 28, 2013

A WONDERFUL destination for young children and their families..... we used to attend the Kohl Museum on Green Bay Road in Wilmette with our children, some 30 years ago - now we enjoy bringing our grandchildren to it's successor in Glenview!

Great place to explore and play - spend time watching the other kids.... get wet, expend some energy and have a blast.....

If you come on rainy/snowy days it'll be packed - but come early and you'll enjoy the museum without the crowds!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We visit family on the north shore every year and we always make a trip to kohl's! Our kids love it....and so do we! The water room is at least an hour of fun for our family! My husband and oldest son have a blast painting each others faces! The vet's, the bank, the grocery store and etc....all great fun for the little one's and their imagination. Considering the amount of people that come through here...it is so clean and well taken care of....the staff great as well!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Given that people rave about this place I do expect more. It's fairly small, and geared toward very young children. The exhibits are not nearly as dynamic as the ads would have you believe. Parking is a nightmare on any given bad-weather day which we do have many of. Our kids are bored there after visiting a couple times. Save money on membership and take them a couple times and then go find other more engaging places to share with them. On weekends and holidays this place gets insanely crowded to the point of being unpleasant.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

It's basically a mini-world that my sister and I used to beg my mom to take us too. It's got a mini daycare, doctors office, and the famous mini grocery store. It's the ultimate dolly-world

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had a great time at the Kohl Children's Museum. I never knew we had such a fun and creative place to take my boys. They loved everything especially the water room. Yes be prepared it has tons of interactive water stations. Note to parents do not let the little ones wear long sleeves. My boys had a blast with the digger and and the train exhibit. The grocery store was the best and they had fun picking out there food and putting it in the cart themselves.