Stayed here for 2 weeks in May whilst visiting relatives in the area. Although it was my first time here my family has stayed here many times and keep coming back due to the convenience of the location.
The hotel follows the pattern of Staybridge Suites across America and provides large, well equipped rooms and suites for people on an extended stay (as well as people staying for one night). The rooms are spacious and clean (it is a new building) and the facilities include laundrette, swimming pool, gym and complimentary internet access (both on hotel terminals, thorugh a wireless network in the lounge and through cables in the rooms) There is a large lounge and library that are used as a breakfast room in the mornings.
They also lay on complimentary snacks and beverage on Tuesday -Thursday afternoons but sadly I never had the chance to indulge.
The breakfast is reasonable and has a daily change of hot item, it can get tedious after 2 weeks but there is enough variety to suit most people. The housekeeping was good and the front office team very helpful and friendly.
Location wise it is excellent with easy access to the North Shore suburbs and is 5 minutes walk from the Metra which will take you into Chicago in about an hour. There are several very good restaurants (Wildfire for good steak, if a little expensive and The Yardhouse for a more reasonable option) and a cinema on the Glen which is 2 minutes and includes a big Dominick's supermarket.
In conclusion if you are looking for a hotel for an extended stay in the northern suburbs you could do a whole lot worse
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Staybridge Suites Hotel, Glenview/Chicago, IL, located in the Business and Shopping district of the Glen Town Center. Conveniently located just seconds from the North Glen Train Station and only 8 miles from O'Hare International Airport (ORD). Our hotel is just blocks away from Shopping, Dining and Recreational destinations and is also close to corporate neighbors such as Kraft, Allstate, Anixter, CVS, Altria, Grainger, Accenture, Pearson, GN Resound, Beltone, Caremark, Underwriters Laboratories (UL), ITW, Crate & Barrel, AON, Avon, Goss, AC Nielsen, College of American Pathology, Mead Johnson and North American Corporation. We are also located close to the Chicago Botanical Gardens, Ravinia Music Festival, Pinstripes Bocci & Bowling, Northwestern University, Kohl Children's Museum, Illinois Holocaust Museum and Education Center, and downtown Chicago (18 miles) via Metra regional train system. At the Staybridge Suites Glenview all suites include a desk with ergonomic chair, 2 line telephone, direct in room phone number, 40+ cable channels including HBO, DVD/CD players, fully equipped kitchens, microwaves, and full size refrigerators. Staybridge Suites Glenview offers valuable amenities such as free high-speed Internet access, a complimentary breakfast buffet every morning, 24-hour guest laundry, fitness center, indoor swimming pool, business center and Sundowner Manager's Reception. We are pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Staybridge Suites Glenview reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Hotel Glenview
- Glenview Staybridge Suites