“A Den on the Glen”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
“A Den on the Glen”
Reviewed June 8, 2006

Stayed here for 2 weeks in May whilst visiting relatives in the area. Although it was my first time here my family has stayed here many times and keep coming back due to the convenience of the location.

The hotel follows the pattern of Staybridge Suites across America and provides large, well equipped rooms and suites for people on an extended stay (as well as people staying for one night). The rooms are spacious and clean (it is a new building) and the facilities include laundrette, swimming pool, gym and complimentary internet access (both on hotel terminals, thorugh a wireless network in the lounge and through cables in the rooms) There is a large lounge and library that are used as a breakfast room in the mornings.

They also lay on complimentary snacks and beverage on Tuesday -Thursday afternoons but sadly I never had the chance to indulge.

The breakfast is reasonable and has a daily change of hot item, it can get tedious after 2 weeks but there is enough variety to suit most people. The housekeeping was good and the front office team very helpful and friendly.

Location wise it is excellent with easy access to the North Shore suburbs and is 5 minutes walk from the Metra which will take you into Chicago in about an hour. There are several very good restaurants (Wildfire for good steak, if a little expensive and The Yardhouse for a more reasonable option) and a cinema on the Glen which is 2 minutes and includes a big Dominick's supermarket.

In conclusion if you are looking for a hotel for an extended stay in the northern suburbs you could do a whole lot worse

• Stayed May 2006
2 Thank Domtee
GMAimee1, Manager at Staybridge Suites Glenview, responded to this review, January 21, 2016

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Reviewed May 30, 2006

Stayed there for a week in April 2006. Only couple glitches were I thought I had reserved a particular location of room (away from potential noise of elevator, hall traffic, etc.), but was told at the front desk they do not do reserved rooms. Nonetheless, the concierge on duty at that time did get me into a nice, quiet room which I preferred. It took a little time, but all was good. The hotel is very clean, safe, quiet, close to The Glen Metra Station. The staff were all friendly. They allowed me my privacy, which is important to me. Breakfast was okay, and the happy hour treats were okay too the days they offer them.

I would absolutely return. You do, however, need a car to get most places, and there is no real walking-distance stuff, but down the road, if you can walk a mile or 2, there is The Glen, which is a renovated navy airplane hangar turned into fufu area of restaurants and billion dollar townhomes and shops. Nice, safe, clean! Directly east 5 or so mile is the Lake, too.

Good for single, solo-traveling female ... still a tad expensive, but what isn't in the Chicagoland? The manager and assistant manager are wonderful to deal with respecting rates, etc. Hope it stays nice. Much, much better than another extended stay type hotel I stayed in a couple years back.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

plano, tx
Reviewed February 22, 2006

Stayed at staybridge and went to subway (next to Chipotle) on willow road. It was great!! The hotel is clean and so is the subway restaurant at walking distance from the hotel.

3 Thank gbpatel76

Illinois
Reviewed December 1, 2005

This is a great hotel and affordable. There are one and two bedroom suites. There is also free breakfast. It is extremely close but not walking distance to the Glen shopping center. There is a Crown movie theater in the shopping center. There is also Northbrook Court very close to the hotel. To get to NB Court, you to Lehigh back to Patriot. Right on Patriot. Right on Willow. Left on Sunset Ridge. Left on Skokie Road. Left on Lake Cook Road. Mall in on Lake Cook Road on left side of road.

Stayed January 2004
2 Thank tojo311

Reviewed March 27, 2005

Just wanted to share with everyone who uses this site that this hotel does it right. I travel to the area often for work and I will never stay anywhere else. Thank you!

• Stayed March 2005, traveled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed February 13, 2005

I travel to visit clients at Allstate and there is no where else I would rather stay. Newest hotel in the area. I believe it just opened last year.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 31, 2004

Thank you Thank you Thank you! The hotel was fantastic. I forgot my toothbrush and Jamie at the desk help me out. She was fantastic and so was Olga and Big Daddy. Oh and basically Jesse too. I will be sure to be back and bring my dogs that Bob loves so much. Robert had so much fun with my kids running around he could not help but smile. June needs to work on her people skills but overall she was pleasant.

• Stayed October 2004, traveled on business
1 Thank RobertO724

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glenview
Courtyard Chicago Glenview/Northbrook
Best Western Plus Glenview-Chicagoland Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie
Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel
Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel
Residence Inn Chicago Wilmette

Been to Staybridge Suites Glenview? Share your experiences!