“Another Awesome Stay !!”

Staybridge Suites Glenview
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Glenview
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Back in the Glenview area for business and staying at my favorite, bargain price property in the area- Staybridge Suites. They are almost done with the lounge renovation and the room renovations are underway. But it's the staff that keep me coming back and I will continue to frequent them as long as my needs call for a stay in the Glenview area !!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
GMAimee1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Glenview, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

SRQBRYMAN-
Thank you so much for the positive comments! I am pleased to hear that our staff and customer service have exceeded your expecations. We look forward to your next visit so you can see the amazing updates!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Arrived here on a three day stay and had a warm and friendly greeting from John on reception who followed up with a call to the room to check everything was ok. The room was clean and had some nice touches such as automatic ice in the freeezer and of course the free wifi is fast and a great addition. Breakfast was standard free buffet fare but nicely laid out and a broad choice; I'm usually just a cream cheese bagel and coffee so I was happy.
The room itself could probably do with a refresh in the next year or two - there's nothing wrong with it, just that decor is getting a bit tired and I've stayed in (newer) local competitors who are a bit more modern in that regard; I found small things a bit frustrating (size of bath, height of counter top, no electrical socket in the actual kitchen for the toaster but loads outside - all very minor things which would be easy to address in a refresh). The bed was very comfortable and above all the hotel was very quiet and well soundproofed (despite being fairly full). I didn't get the chance to use the swimming pool but it looks like a nice one.
The local area demands a car but once in it you are literally a 3 minute drive from Kohls, Target, Whole Foods, Best Buy, Starbucks, CVS Pharmacy, etc.; and of course Glenview itself with various bars and restaurants.
At the right price it's hard to think why you'd need to stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Higher floors are probably quieter and the stairs aren't too daunting.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
GMAimee1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Glenview, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Mixip-
I am so thrilled to hear you enjoyed your three night stay. John is great and we are glad to have him. You will be happy to hear that our refresh starts in November and all that "tired" furniture is being replaced. You will see a whole new hotel during your next stay. Thank you for the feedback!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I was in Glenview on business and was very pleased with this hotel. The rooms are lard and clean. There is great shopping and restaurants near by. My room was facing the road but it was very soundproof. The front desk staff were always pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
GMAimee1, Manager at Staybridge Suites Glenview, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

PamelaSueB-
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and cleanliness! Thank you for the feedback and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Staybridge was an exceptionally average hotel at a good price for my three night stay. The rooms and hotel are clean, but could use some love, as in upkeep love... most things look a bit tired, worn in and about ready for update/replacement. The bed was good, slept well in my third floor room. The breakfast - average: standard fruit and heavy carb load, (bread(s), waffles, pastry, etc.) and the coffee is good. The hotel only has one elevator, so get ready to do some stairs unless you are prepared to wait. Staff was nice, personable. Hotel was 20-25 minutes from Northwestern University by car.

Room Tip: Might want to stay away from the common area/entrance
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
GMAimee1, Manager at Staybridge Suites Glenview, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Djt4-
Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback. You will be happy to know that we start our renovation in November to replace those worn items. I do apologize for any inconveniences you suffered with the elevator but I am glad to hear you slept well. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We had a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom suite, It was clean and affordable. Our stay was not for pleasure but for medical issues at Chicago childrens hospital. We will be staying here again for our next trip. Housekeeping did a great job and very friendly !

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
GMAimee1, Manager at Staybridge Suites Glenview, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Julie R-

Thank you for your feedback! We love to hear from our guests. We look forward to your next visit, hopefully under better circumstances!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel 4 different times for a total of 20 nights. My stays were very consistent. Consistently poor. The hotel without the staff is good. The rooms are reasonably well kept up and appointed as one would expect from this brand.

What was so bad? Lots of little things. My bed wasn't fully made at least half the time. The toiletries in the bathroom were not replaced, no bill under my door the night before checkout, flaky wireless internet (lightening fast when connected by a LAN cable), poor quality food for breakfast and snacks. None of these would individually cause harm but the accumulation of little things adds up.

The poor housekeeping is the most consistent and noticeable issue with this hotel. I suspect it is by direction from management rather than poor housekeeping staff.

Pros: Reasonable price for the property and the area, overall reasonable value, decent rooms

Cons: Brutal housekeeping, poor service, missing lots of little touches

Room Tip: Do avoid the first floor near the elevator and desk as the housekeeping staff congregate every morni...
1  Thank HomerIsTakenDoh
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Glenview, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear HomerIsTakenDoh,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your stay with us. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced and we regret we did not live up to your expectations in some aspects of your stay. Please be assured that your feedback will be taken into consideration in our efforts to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Staybridge is a pleasant hotel, and good for a medium-long term stay. The rooms and hotel provide a warm, cozy feel and the rooms are kept very clean. The breakfasts are not very exciting but the coffee is good. The hotel only has 1 elevator and 2 bellhops which are utilized so often that you may be waiting for these items for quite some time.

I travel frequently for work and would gladly stay here again while waiting for another assignment. It's not my favorite hotel, but it has a good location close to Costco and the northern suburbs and a great atmosphere.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Glenview, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear Ray B,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glenview
Courtyard Chicago Glenview/Northbrook
Best Western Plus Glenview-Chicagoland Inn & Suites
Delta Hotels by Marriott Chicago North Shore Suites
Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie
Baymont Inn & Suites Glenview

Been to Staybridge Suites Glenview? Share your experiences!