We have stayed here 4 or 5 times over the past few years. We will not stay here again. Here are some of my issues:
- The rooms are not cleaned well and not maintained. It seems everywhere you look in the room, something is broken, ripped or stained, etc. Hair in the bathroom when first entering the room after checking is disgusting and sets the tone of the stay. We had a lot of hair this stay...on the bathroom floor, in the tub, on the towels....yuk!
- The common areas are dirty...the floors are not vaccumed (as evidenced by the same crumbs on the floor every time I walked by for 4 days).
- The breakfasts are just ok (I'm being a bit generous here). Most other hotels we stay at, which offer complimentary breakfasts, are much better and have a better variety.
- The housekeeping service has gone down hill...little things like replenishing the soap, shampoo and tissues are not done. I had to go to the front desk and ask for these items after housekeeping did not replenish 2 days in a row. I felt like I was staying at a $29 motel...I've already commented on the cleanliness.
- The walls are paper thin. You can hear quite a bit....
Do your self a favor, find another hotel, even if it means driving a little more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Staybridge Suites Hotel, Glenview/Chicago, IL, located in the Business and Shopping district of the Glen Town Center. Conveniently located just seconds from the North Glen Train Station and only 8 miles from O'Hare International Airport (ORD). Our hotel is just blocks away from Shopping, Dining and Recreational destinations and is also close to corporate neighbors such as Kraft, Allstate, Anixter, CVS, Altria, Grainger, Accenture, Pearson, GN Resound, Beltone, Caremark, Underwriters Laboratories (UL), ITW, Crate & Barrel, AON, Avon, Goss, AC Nielsen, College of American Pathology, Mead Johnson and North American Corporation. We are also located close to the Chicago Botanical Gardens, Ravinia Music Festival, Pinstripes Bocci & Bowling, Northwestern University, Kohl Children's Museum, Illinois Holocaust Museum and Education Center, and downtown Chicago (18 miles) via Metra regional train system. At the Staybridge Suites Glenview all suites include a desk with ergonomic chair, 2 line telephone, direct in room phone number, 40+ cable channels including HBO, DVD/CD players, fully equipped kitchens, microwaves, and full size refrigerators. Staybridge Suites Glenview offers valuable amenities such as free high-speed Internet access, a complimentary breakfast buffet every morning, 24-hour guest laundry, fitness center, indoor swimming pool, business center and Sundowner Manager's Reception. We are pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Staybridge Suites Glenview reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Hotel Glenview
- Glenview Staybridge Suites