“Hands down best gelato in the area”
Review of Via Gelato - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Via Gelato
Cuisines: Italian
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“Hands down best gelato in the area”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I happened just to be driving around randomly looking for a place to eat and this place caught my eye. It had just opened up recently when I happened to stop by. I walked in and was felt at home, very warm colors and a nice ambiance all around. This place has such a nice staff that is very friendly. They have a pretty good breakfast and lunch menu (the crepes!!! get them they are delicious!) But I am not here to really discuss the food nor the coffee, its all about their gelato! I was amazed when I saw this vast array of goodness and colors that just begged to be eaten. I am sure I wiped away my drool before the cashier saw. I got two flavors i could not help myself they were mango and Ferrero Rocher. Yes that is correct, I said Ferrero Rocher and yes it was awesome. Not only is the gelato really good it is also just cool to look at it, I mean the arrangements they make with all the fresh fruit and what not. If it looked any better I'm sure it would be borderline illegal. But anyway I can keep ranting about how delicious this place is, go there and see for yourself it is totally worth it! Of course this place has my stamp of approval as well!

Oh and one more thing the owner actually went to Italy to learn how to make gelato so that just shows you the passion this place has for this amazing frozen treat.

• Visited July 2013

USA
“Closed as of October 1.”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I really liked this place but there is a sign saying its closed. No other information available at this point in time. Too bad when small local places can't make it.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Evan59
Chicago, Illinois
“Not bad....”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Tried a few oddball flavors, wound up with coffee. As I love coffee ice cream and gelato, it was coffee enough. But it just wasn't as rich and creamy as I expect gelato to be. Still, the "kiddie" size was adequate.

Visited August 2013
Mount Prospect, Illinois
“Not Cheap Gelato But Very Tasty”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Ok, so if you're in the mood for some really tasty gelato go here....
It's not cheap but very tasty.

Visited June 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Tasty Gelato”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Happen to find Via Gelato through an online search of events. They have jazz music on weekends which is what drew me there. Went for gelato and jazz on a Saturday evening though they have other cafe food and crepes too. The gelato was very good (we had dark chocolate and nutella). The jazz music was super - looked like to teens who were very experienced playing music together from the way it sounded. Although it was too loud inside (small venue), there were outside tables that we could enjoy the gelato and listen to the music at a pleasant volume.

• Visited May 2013