“Cheap and Clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Glenview
Alameda, California
“Cheap and Clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had an athletic competition at North Western University and wanted a clean and as cheap as I could locate place to sleep in for three days. This Motel 6 fit the bill. Recently redone it still had stickers on the toilet fixtures - I suppose they will weather off. NO BEDBUGS. I checked the bedbug registry before making reservations and personal examination once I was there. Of course YMMV. The beds were reasonable, i.e. not so soft or beaten down that I had back issues. Floors very clean and staff was extremely courteous and helpful even as I arrived at 1AM. Note I did call ahead and tell them so. North Western Univ is about 20 minutes away but a straight shot down Lake Ave and through some of the nicest neighborhoods in the area. So unless you want walking distance this was about as good as you'll get. There are several chain restaurants in the area, TGIF, Wendy's, dunkin doughnuts (free wifi), and several non-chain but very good local eateries including a breakfast lunch place across Milwaukee Ave which also has free wifi. I gave the motel a high rating for being more or less at the top of what it is, a low end motel. Clean and absolutely no frills. ONE COMPLAINT, they charge for wifi. Only $3/24 hours but it the sort of thing that irks.

Room Tip: Tips, layout has basically three sides, one next to a Freeway (not preferred), one on Milwaukee Ave...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank jjj727

crestone
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

My daughter called from here in Colorado to book a room for 4 nights. You would think that was a simple thing... I sat right here with her while she made the resevation with the phone on speaker. The man on the phone quoted her a price for her stay. He stated that it would be 142.00 with a dog.. 102.00 without. "Wow" said my daughter "really? thats a great price" "So" she said ""142.00 with the dog and 102.00 with out"... he said "yes"...they went over the nights she would be there and when she would check in and out etc..the price is great. He has repeated it several times as they confirmed things and so ofcourse she books the room. My daughter arrived there this evening to check in. She is tired. She just drove from Colorado. . she fills out the paper work,shows her i.d. etc. and gives them her card. They ran it for 244.88. "WAIT" she says. "I was quoted such n such." The girl at the front desk basically says too bad...."Thats what we charge" ...Well not according to the guy on the phone. I heard what he said myself and she would not have booked the room. We would have looked further. Granted we may have come back but she also would have budgeted for it. I called the front desk and asked when a manager would be in. I am mad. Really hoping they make this right. I'll let you know.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank giaidreams

Travelers are raving about these Glenview hotels

Bradford, West Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Stayed for one night only after seeing other TripAdvisor reviews. I was a bit sceptical about all the positive comments for a $55 hotel because we recently had an unpleasant stay in a 'budget' hotel so, I asked to see a room before we paid.

The room was spotless it had recently been refurbished, new laminate floor, new furnishings etc, so we booked in. We were given free wi fi , the desk clerk was very helpful and all the staff we spoke to were very pleasant. Coffee only provided in the morning

Hotel within walking distance of several restaurants and on the edge of a nice residential area. The hotel is situated very close to the Interstate we asked for a quiet room and were given one

Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank moscowgaff
Iowa City, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at this property many times over the years. Initially it was a close local to a customer I visit. Since the remodel , I would consider this motel the best value on the North Shore. Nothing fancy, very clean, great localion and the staff almost always more than helpful. I would suggest that you avoid the rooms closest to I 294.

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank weatherman1946
Clarksville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

Stayed a little longer than I normally do in hotels for business. This Motel 6 is one of the newer remodeled versions with the retro feel. No issues or problems with hotel. You must pay nightly for wifi which is a little annoying to walk to the office every night when you wish to renew. Staff was friendly. Comfortable beds. Amazing choices of places to eat within walking distance, especially if you enjoy any of the different asian cuisines. I would recommend

Room Tip: Rooms toward the back of the hotel have better parking and quicker/ more private access.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Ange C
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2010

I am surprised at the most recent reviews! My husband family lives in Chicago so we go there quite a bit to visit. Whenever we do, we stay at this Motel and we have never been disappointed! It has always been spotless and quiet. The staff is very helpful and they did a great job remodeling the place! I personally would of chose a different color scheme but that is just opinion :) We have never had a complaint!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank mikekatepipernbaby
Hartland, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

Staying here was ok for one night. They claim it was a Non smoking hotel, but my room Stank like nasty cigs. If you happen to get a room on the side with the high way. Good luck sleeping with the window open. There is a nice TGIF Fridays in walking distance good food and drinks. The front desk was hard to understand, but were very nice. There are no Shampoo's in the bathroom, I just happen to forget mine, or any books around telling you what is around the hotel to do. Also the walls are extermly thin...You can hear a lot of different things. The Wifi is also not free.... Hope this helps

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank juicejames
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glenview
Wyndham Glenview Suites Chicago Northshore
BEST WESTERN Morton Grove Inn
BEST WESTERN Morton Grove Inn
#1 of 2 in Morton Grove
3.5 of 5 stars 190 reviews

Been to Motel 6 Chicago North- Glenview? Share your experiences!