“Good lunch eats”

Cuisines: American, Greek, Fast Food
Twin Lakes, Wisconsin
“Good lunch eats”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I enjoy going to PJ Moondoggies for lunch. Nice specials and the food is very good. Excellent burgers, sausages, fries. Nothing fancy, something of a 50s style atmosphere with checkered floor. Prices are good for lunch

Visited February 2013

• Korean first
“Hotdog Happiness”
Reviewed August 6, 2011

For the second year in a row, we have had a terrible vacation. And a nice medium-sized eatery like Moondoggies saved us from being completely gobbled up from the worst vacation ever.

The place is run by an older Greek couple who keep it spotless and running efficiently. My husband, son and me ate our own customized hotdogs which were delicious especially, my son claims, was the best! My husband ordered a Chicago dog which is a hometown specialty with little peppers and other toppings. The French fries were perfectly cooked and tasty which is not a given nowadays because restaurants have sacrificed flavor to be healthy.

They serve a lot of Greek food (salad, etc.) and I'm sure it was delicious, but we were in the mood for hotdogs.

Moondoggies, says the owner's wife, was named by him after those Frankie Avalon and Annette Funicello beach party movies of the sixties. (I think Annette called Frankie Moondoggie.). So the place is decorated like the fifties with a working jukebox.