“OK But Could Be Better”
Review of Jolane's Cafe

Jolane's Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Jolane's Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 169 Restaurants in Glenview
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Milwaukee and Zenith
Description: Jolane's Restaurant & Bar in Glenview features exclusive contemporary cuisine with a European flair along with artesian libations. Patrons can enjoy one of the weekly dinner or lunch specials and a glass of our proudly hand selected wine in the intimate dining room, or elegant, sun-soaked conservatory. The unique menu is derived from high quality ingredients and is complemented by the dedicated service of each employee. Whether it's lunch or dinner, with close friends or a party; Jolane's is the perfect balance of comfort and sophistication. We also have free Wi-Fi and a kids menu for our younger guests.
Reviewed October 28, 2012

The food is good, the service is excellent, the setting comforting, and the prices fair. I had minestrone but it was hardly American Viennese or Hungarian and I've had better minestrone elsewhere. The small Caesar salad was excellent. This was a first-time visit so I read reviews ahead of time. Diners liked the chicken pot pie and the Braised Austrian Beef Brisket with goulash, spaetzels and crispy onions. This was a plentiful entree and even with my wife enjoying some the spaetzel and gravy, I still had some to take home. For dessert I ordered Topfen strudel, a strudel made with sweet cheese, golden raisins and apple slices wrapped in a flaky pastry. Good but despite the razor-thin exterior layers, I had to use a knife to cut through the strudel, especially the bottom layer. If possible, the owners should resurrect the menus from the long-departed Andy's Epicurean Restaurant that was at 316 S. Wabash, Chicago. The roast chicken was unparalleled as was the chicken paprikash. The spaetzel were tinier and tastier and the strudel: not just apple strudel but walnut, cherry and other varieties. You didn't have to use a knife to get to the bottom of things.

Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

I've been to Jolane's about 6 times now. Last night had the ginger glazed salmon with the green beans and beet salad. Very good, generous portions and everyone at my table was pleased with their entrees. Soup is homemade. Ask for the homemade rosemary crackers. Delicious Julius Meinl coffee. Although we did not indulge, desserts look incredible. Never had a bad meal here.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I have been to Jolanes several times and have found the menu wonderful and the staff as well.
I went recently with a group for lunch and sat in the enclosed patio. The portions are a nice size and the raspberry ice tea is wonderful. The desserts looked great and you can get them to go from the front counter. I never found the wait staff slow. I have been for lunch twice and dinner twice. The tables in the main dining area have tablecloths and candels for evening.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Jolanes is relatively new to the North Shore. I've been there three times and each time was OK but really nothing very special. Food is good - service is good. We like to go there to change things up in our dining out routine - but it never really gives me that unforgettable feeling. It's nice - it's clean - it's good - but that's about it.

2  Thank Mike K
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Jolane's is an attractive European style cafe located at the south end of the Abt strip complex. They serve good and often quite refreshingly original lunch dishes, both fast food type, and regular entree dishes. The desserts are superb but pricey, and the coffee is excellent. However, of the perhaps 6-8 times I have been there, the service has been appalling all except the last time. On earlier visits I have waited 30 mins plus after ordering, for anything edible to appear on the table. Strangely, once the meal is finished, no one seems to want to process a credit card and return it to the table. I write this review in the hope that the owner will wake up and improve service in this very nice place before there are no patrons left to serve.

1  Thank Bert S