“Poor service and problems with the food mar birthday lunch”

Wildfire - Glenview
Reserve with OpenTable
Wildfire - Glenview is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 168 Restaurants in Glenview
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: East Lake Avenue
Description: Step back in time 60 years to when going out for dinner meant something really special. From the decor to the jazz music, Wildfire has the style and warmth that makes it perfect for celebrating with friends or a quiet evening for two. The extensive menu features broiled steaks and chops, wood-roasted seafood and roasted meats, all prepared in an open kitchen. Signature dishes include Horseradish Crusted Filet Mignon, Macadamia Nut Crusted Halibut, Wildfire Chopped Salad and Cedar Planked Salmon. So order a signature martini or one of our many wines by the glass, then sit back and enjoy the quintessential 1940s supper club experience of Wildfire.
Northbrook, IL
“Poor service and problems with the food mar birthday lunch”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My Mom took my wife, one of my sons, and me out for a birthday lunch (my wife and I have birthdays two days apart). My Mom is in her mid-80's, and is quite frugal, so this was a big deal for her. The experience was a huge disappointment.

Things started out badly, as the cornbread brought to the table was clearly burnt. The waiter was consistently inattentive, spending his time talking with the hostess until he had to be called to the table.

While we waited for our entrees, water and soft drink glasses were not refilled. When my iced teas was finally refilled, it was from a decanter containing iced tea that had not been chilled yet. So, I got a lukewarm iced tea poured into my glass.

My burger came out not as ordered. I always dislike it when a waiter/waitress tries to tell you what you got was the correct meal, when that was clearly not the case. At that point, I did feel compelled to tell the waiter to pay more attention to our table.

The rest of the table was well into their meal by the time my burger reappeared, in this case with the proper trimmings, but horribly overdone. At that point, I just wanted to eat before everyone else was finished, so I did not send it back. My side order of fruit was packed into a small metal cup they use for coleslaw or ketchup, smashing the fruit and making the whole thing really unappetizing. A glass bowl would have been a much better choice.

The table was cleared very poorly. I have noticed before that Wildfire is overzealous about taking your plates away, sometimes without asking whether you're done. In this case, there was no attempt to tidy up the table for dessert or coffee. So, we chose not to get either.

On a positive note, I did speak to the manager about the experience, and she was very receptive to what I had to say. But, as I told her, it's a shame that a Mom in her mid-80's, should have to get that type of experience, at prices that are somewhat on the high side, when she's trying to take her son and daughter-in-law out for their birthdays.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank LostButMakinGoodTime

Weymouth, Massachusetts
“Always a great meal”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Wildfire is our favorite of the LEYE restaurants and we visit often, especially when the dry aged steaks are on special. This last visit, my husband ordered medium but it came out rare. No problem. It was whisked away and shortly returned by a manager with fresh sides. The manager apologized for the delay and comped not only dinner but our salad as well. Amazing service recovery!

• Visited August 2013
chicago, il
“Just too busy”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We were there for a special occasion. The place was very busy and perhaps this led to our feeling that our experience was just average. The server, when she finally did come and wanted to take our drink order, kept interrupting me as I tried to order the martini I wanted and not what she wanted me to have. I finally won out and got my martini my way. Right before our entrees came, she asked if we had gotten our salads and we hadn't so she ran and got them and they came like 60 seconds before our entrees. The entrees were well prepared and quite good. I ordered a baked sweet potato and it came with butter and brown sugar. The brown sugar was crystallized and solid as a rock. Not to be totally put off we thought we would take a chance and order dessert to celebrate our special occasion and it was really very good, done right and served in a timely way. The server gave us the dessert without charge which I am sure was an attempt to make up for the mistakes. We have eaten here before and and it is usually quite good with decent service. This time it was quite average.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank oldergent
Glenview, Illinois, United States
“Excellent food”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This was for a business dinner for twelve. Getting a reservation for the time I wanted was not an issue. We got the chop salad for the table and it was a huge hit. We skipped the appetizers but I have had the bacon wrapped scallops in the past, and they are absolutely delicious. Most people at the table went with steak, the popular choice being the bone in ribeye. We were not disappointed. Everyone's steak arrived cooked to pefection. The sides were large enough to share.
Then we had a variety of deserts, all good. The chocolate cake is the bomb, so good.
Our fun evening, with drinks and tip, averaged $75 per person. I believe that was reasonable for what we ate and drank. Overall a fun evening.

• Visited July 2013
“Omg. All good and great with company!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I'm from out of town, New Jersey, and I'm here on business in Chicago. My colleagues that work in Deerfield recommended this restaurant as a team outing. Everyone or the steak or seafood and everyplace looked great. I had the porterhouse lamb chops. Ddddd....delicious !
This is a great restaurant for coworkers. Monday's bottles of wine are half price.

Check this place out.