“Even good for vegetarians”
Review of Schnitzel Platz

Schnitzel Platz
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2012

While my boyfriend was doing business in the area, we ran across this restaurant while driving around. My boyfriend is from Germany and was excited about hopefully getting some good home cooked food like his mom would make. And he did. He was pleased with each and every item he had. The place was a bit busy when we got there, but our waiter was friendly and did his best to keep up with everyone. I'm a vegetarian and they couldn't do enough to find something good for me to eat and it was delicious. We loved the authentic German music along with our meal and it was a great all around experience! If we are in the area again, we will definitely be going back. My boyfriend wishes we had a German restaurant as good as this in our area.

1  Thank bandmanager007

Reviewed June 20, 2012

I lived in Germany for 2 years (in the service back in the 80's like a lot of us did) and my first wife was german, and this restaurant is wonderful. Great atmosphere, delicious beers, live music, and a cheerful waitstaff. I picked,it out by searching the whole area to go to on my short trip to Chicago, and I look forward to visiting again.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

The potato pancakes are great as is the apple strudel. Excellent German draft beer is available at decent prices. Liver dumpling soup is also very good. The entrees are good and the sides of potato or bread dumplings are a treat.

Reviewed June 4, 2012 via mobile

Good place for authentic German food. Just a bit pricy.

Reviewed April 2, 2012

I came here while staying at a hotel across the street and the food was great. My waiter was jovial and very timely in bringing out my order. I don't eat German food very often, but I would say that this place did it right. Everything was delicious.