“Good”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Orihuela
Shoeburyness, United Kingdom
“Good”
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Good hotel, breakfast ok, beer great service great food rooms ok, TV channels not good for persons from English speakers, golf course very good as we're all sporting amenities, but swimming pool closed out door and indoor not heated, wi fi connection just does not work just as well it's free, good location staff very helpful, will be back again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Alan J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Chiavari, Italy
Reviewed February 1, 2014

All the services doesn't work... internet (not even possible to open the pages)... bar close at 10.30 and no at 23 like it's written...men and woman at reception don't have time for you... better stay far from here...

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank espada76
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Just come back from a 2 night golf trip. We arrived at 11pm Thursday because of a delay collecting a hire car. When we arrived at campoamor hotel it looked closed, we checked in at reception which was a speedy experience ( it appeared as if they were waiting for us so they could lock up) I asked if there was anywhere we could get a drink,sandwich , coffee even and the reply was " not here we are closed" very disappointing first impression. That aside I must mention Esther Garcia who works in the golf shop, she could not have been more helpful or friendly. We had a lovely meal in the restaurant as the steak is very good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Marilyn K
Sax, Spain
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My wife and I and 4 friends dropped in this hotel for a simple lunch. All of us had steak, it was so good I felt I had to do a short review. Fillet steak, tender, succulent served exactly as I wanted it on a sizzling hot plate with an escalope of Foie Gras, a foie sauce a few chips and a side of tomatoes and peppers. On of the best steaks I have had in Spain and very reasonably priced at 19.00 Euros. Service was "spot on" the wine was good. Coffee and Brandy out on the terrace, fabulous views. Had to review the restaurant under hotels as it is not listed under restaurants.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Eric A
Estepona, Spain
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We stayed here for one night for my birthday, it was lovely from start to end. we had a Junior Suite room overlooking the golf course which was lovely. we sat outside for dinner which was nice and the same for breakfast.

we spent most of the day lounging by the pool which was really peaceful.

Room Tip: Junior suite rooms have great views and alot of room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amber L
Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 10, 2013

My family & I stayed here recently when there were no other hotels available in the area, and we had to find somewhere at short notice. The setting is beautiful and the terrace is very pleasant for a relaxing drink and lunch. The rooms are well serviced albeit a little dark. The family rooms were a pleasant surprise with one double room with en-suite and a separate single room with its own bathroom and a sitting area with sofa and TV. The rooms were clean and nicely decorated although we all said the beds were uncomfortable, being lumpy and a little hard. This is not an hotel for children and teenagers; unless they come for the Golf course or are happy to spend everyday swimming in the pool. The surrounding area's are residential, but there are a few pubs, bars and shops within a ten minute walk. It is what it say's on the box - A Golf Hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank deborahk3
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Well, I havent found the page of the restaurant, so I'll write about my experience here. Been here about a year ago, but this place was my worst memory of Spain. We went to the restaurant of this hotel one afternoon, for an early dinner. First of all, the menu was extremely limited. It was like only a few choices for each course. Second, the standards were very low! The glasses were stained, as well as the tablecloth. We had to wait like 40-50 minutes or so for each course. I remember, I ordered beefsteak, well done, and I got one that was almost raw. Oh, and the best...the waiter didnt speak english...this was almost hilarious, at a place full of tourists! I hope they have made some progress since then!

Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank 007BM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orihuela
Servigroup La Zenia
#1 of 19 in Torrevieja
Diamant Blue
Diamant Blue
#2 of 2 in Playa Flamenca

Been to Hotel Golf Campoamor? Share your experiences!