“It's been in GE forever-so its good!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Santa FE Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 96 Restaurants in Glen Ellyn
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Chicago, IL
“It's been in GE forever-so its good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2009

I'm in my 20's and Santa Fe has been in downtown GE since I was a baby. For a place to stay in town for that long says something!

I love the chips and salsa that are brought out when you are seated. Everything you get will be great and worth the money (which really isnt that much anyway). The burrito's/echilada's will take up the whole plate along with the rice and beans.

Santa Fe has an indoor bar scene, and is popular to go on Thanksgiving Eve.

No outdoor seating, but it is worth it to try out Sante Fe, it's a long time local fave.

“OK”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2008

OK

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
glendale heights, Illinois
“You are not a valued customer when you dine in”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2008

My family and I made reservations at Sante Fe for Mothers Day. We had 7 people in our party and you are given two bowls of chips (Little Soup Bowls) and salsa. Well needless to say with four men in our group we went through those fast. When we asked for more chips and salsa the waiter said "I will have to charge you, it is in the menu" which we thought was a little odd ,but we said ok we still want it. My grandmother asked atleast 2 more times (over a span of 20 minutes) before we receive more chips and salsa. We also ordered a appetizer which looked great, except we didn't have silverware. We asked the waiter and he kept telling us to wait. My father finally grabbed a knife from the table behind us and was eating off that. When the waiter came back 10 minutes later without silverware, my father made a comment as to why he is eating our cold appetizer with a knife and the waiter told him to stop, "Do not be funny with me, Stop!" Needless to say the rest of the meal wasn't that great, I asked for a napkin and never received one. It was a terrible night with terrible service and considering out of the 7 of us, only 4 of us ordered dinners, our bill should not have been over the 120 dollars we paid. They are overpriced. The sad part is, our family has been going there and to their old Glen Ellyn location for over 10 years and we may never go there again. We usually leave a 20% tip but he did not deserve his 18% tip that was added on because of the size of our party. Please think about it before you spend your hard earned money at Sante Fe, it was not worth it for my family!

“drinks”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2008

drinks

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“above average food, but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2008

above average food, but pricey for mexican. closed on mondays.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook