“Extremely Mediocre Food with Disinterested Staff”

Alfie's Inn Incorporated
Ranked #6 of 95 Restaurants in Glen Ellyn
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Extremely Mediocre Food with Disinterested Staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Alfie's is literally resting on its laurels. The food is mediocre, the surroundings are worn and dingy, but what absolutely corked us was the wait-staff! Everything from acting like she was doing us a favor by talking our order to insulting us that by ordering onion rings would cost a couple extra dollars -- could we afford that? The whole experience was so incredibly bad that we have shared this with others and probably never return. And we have been customers since 1989....... go figure!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank hilltoppermom932

Chicago, Illinois
“Not As Good As I Remember”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

The burgers, as far back as I can remember, have been great. Being away for 5 years, and coming back recently, did not leave me with wanting more. Burgers are not as thick as they use to be. More bun and condiments than beef. My grilled onions were way under cooked. They could not have been on the grill more than 1 minute.

I doubt highly I will be back. It's a shame, I have been a customer for 15 years plus.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank GLOBAL69
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
“always great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

we love going here with our three kids, they love the big booths, i love the atmosphere, and the burgers and fried shrimp are the bomb!

• Visited December 2012
West Chicago, Illinois
“Always Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

This is one of the best places, ever, to get a hamburger and just about everything on the menu is really good. The service is very efficient and almost always quite friendly. This is one of my favorites and a place that I frequent.

Visited October 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Your typical family restaurant.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

I've been here 3 times now, and I've never had a "great" experience. The food is good, the staff is friendly, and the decor/theme is subtly done. I'll go again, it's just not on my list of favorites.

Visited September 2012