“wonderful find in Glen Ellyn”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Glen Ellyn
Inn at Water's Edge
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Glen Ellyn
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We were in Chicago to help our daughter find a new apartment for her relocation here. I found this hotel with great reviews on Trip Advisor and they deserve all the compliments they receive. There are only 6 rooms here as this is actually part of the College of DuPage School of Hospitality Management. Very nice accommodations with beautiful designed rooms and bathrooms. A little tricky to find the hotel but so long as you know it is within the campus you should have no problem. The room included a continental breakfast that was set out for us in a lounge at the end of our hallway. The staff was very friendly and even escorted us to our rooms when we checked in. Parking was just steps from the front door. The rooms do not have refrigerators in them and the on-site restaurants/cafes have very limited hours or days they are open so know that you may have to go out for meals. Otherwise, I would definitely recommend this hotel. If you are looking for a place with a traditional pool/exercise room this is not for you - but you do have access to the sports facility elsewhere on their campus.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Jamie F, Manager at Inn at Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

I love to hear stories of how our guests found out about the Inn at Water's Edge and I'm so happy to hear that you found us through Trip Advisor. Honest guest reviews, just like yours, make a real difference in selecting one hotel versus the other. I appreciate you sharing your review. I hope your daughter found an apartment during your stay with us. Maybe we'll see you again when you come to visit her!

Reviewed February 14, 2014

We stayed a night at mid-week for our anniversary and the Inn at Water's Edge was a perfect place for that. I've stayed at a number of "non-traditional" lodgings over the years (Cornell's hotel and those run by various business schools) and this boutique hotel is the cream of the crop. The rooms are clean, comfortable and well-appointed and the staff are friendly and provide great service. Some distinctives: continental breakfast served on each floor in a quiet sitting area; exceptionally quiet rooms in a peaceful setting; excellent lunch and dinner options in the hotel as part of the culinary arts program; very good value for money.

The downsides: as a business hotel it is too far removed from offices to be really convenient; it is still part of a community college hospitality and culinary arts program with all that brings. For those accustomed to going online to make a reservation - sorry, you need to call!

Overall, for the right circumstances, it is ideal. If I were travelling to this area on business and had a rental car I'd be here every time.

Room Tip: South facing rooms overlook the lake.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jamie F, Manager at Inn at Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Thank you for selecting the Inn at Water's Edge to celebrate your anniversary! Congratulations on another year of marriage! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the facts that you provided in your review so that other guests can enjoy future stays. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Inn at Waters Edge last night for a little get away. We love close by and wanted a break from the kids. It is a beautiful place. The rooms are very clean and well decorated. Beautiful bathrooms. Service is beyond belief. I will return often!!!

• Stayed: January 2014
Jamie F, Manager at Inn at Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will be back!! It's always nice to get away from the kids for some "me" time once in a while. Thank you for sharing your experience!!

Reviewed January 14, 2014

If you are looking for hotel with modern amenities but European sensibility, book a room at Inn at Water's Edge. From the serene location to the every accommodating staff to the well appointed rooms we were completely thrilled with our 3 night stay. Two suggestion; whole wheat bread and soy milk at breakfast and allow small dogs in one of the rooms.

Room Tip: There are only 6 rooms, Queens & Kings, you can't go wrong with any one of them.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Stephen S
Jamie F, Manager at Inn at Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! I appreciate hearing your suggestions. We will certainly take them into consideration so we can enhance the service we provide to our guests. Looking forward to having you stay again soon!

Reviewed January 11, 2014

As a business traveler, I see way too many hotels of all levels. My overnight stay here was booked by my host, so all I knew was that it was part of the hospitality school program. When I arrived early for checking, I received a warm welcome, and was escorted by the desk clerk to my room. Lovely, with high-end finishes, a roomy bathroom with a beautiful walk-in shower awaited me. Having trouble logging onto the (free) wi-fi service, the desk clerk offered to come to my room to try to fix the problem. Having no success, she called their help desk. While the tech was walking over to help (on-site tech support in a hotel?), I found the problem with my laptop's settings myself (not the hotel's problem after all, and told the desk clerk to cancel the emergency visit. Late that evening, I returned to find the bed turned down as they had offered.

In the morning, the included continental breakfast had been set out in the adjacent lounge early as I had requested. Lovely presentation with fancy carved pineapple slices, fresh berries, pastries, yogurts, juices and beverages aplenty.

Checking out, I found out I was the only guest staying at this small unique gem. While that might explain some of the "special treatment" I received, I doubt it would have been different, even with a full house.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jamie F, Manager at Inn at Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Thank you very much for your genuine and kind review! It was such a pleasure to have you stay with us. I hope that your presentations went well. When business brings you back to the area we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed December 24, 2013

We stayed at the Water's Edge recently. The rooms were comfortable, clean, and actually elegant. The service provided by the staff was impeccable. It was the most pleasant hotel experience I have had in many years.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jamie F, Manager at Inn at Water's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

I'm happy to hear about your experience with us! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Hope to see you again soon next time you travel for business in the area!

Reviewed December 21, 2013

We recently decided to visit a friend in Glen Ellyn and planned to stay overnight at a local hotel. I selected the Inn after reading the positive reviews online. Still, I didn't expect much: a community college hospitality program? Kind of like getting a haircut at a barber college.

What we found was a 4-5 star hotel with immaculate, well-appointed rooms and impeccable service. The restaurant, Waterleaf, is as good as the hotel. Service is eager without being intrusive (a little slow,though) and the food is as good as or better than most urban Chicago restaurants. Amish Chicken and Vegetable Cassoulet were delicious and imaginatively prepared.

Our bill for both room and restaurant was about $175, truly an incredible value. If you are planning on a stay in this area, the Inn should be the first place you try. Really.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us! We appreciate your feedback considering we are a teaching environment. Your comments allow us to teach our staff and interns and improve the level of service we provide in the future. Wishing you a happy new year and we hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Ellyn
Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard
Hilton Lisle / Naperville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Lombard
Sheraton Lisle Naperville Hotel
Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove

Been to Inn at Water's Edge? Share your experiences!