“Worth the stop for great food!”
Review of Fire + Wine

Fire + Wine
Ranked #1 of 116 Restaurants in Glen Ellyn
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Casual dining with sophisticated hospitality. American food with an Italian twist, fresh prepared everyday! 78 wine bottle list, 45 global wines by the glass, hand crafted fresh cocktails, 38 item beer craft list. Reservations not accepted, we do offer a "call ahead, priority wait list" which you can call days and weeks in advance to get on, highly recommend to reduce wait times. Seating preference is given to elderly, pregnant woman, families with babies and local regular customers as a courtesy. Very family friendly local restaurant. TripAdvisor #1 restaurant in Glen Ellyn 4 years in a row as well as Certificate of Excellence.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Arrived just as it opened for the day. As a result, our server was not quite ready and service was slow. BUT the food was worth it. Italian Bean Dip, Tuscan Kale salad, Pork Belly appetizer, Grilled Salmon salad and Calamari were all deemed excellent! The cocktail special of the day left something to be desired though. Would give it a 5 star except for the service. We will definitely go back when we are in the area!

Date of visit: August 2019
MJVai, Owner at Fire + Wine, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for the review. Glad you enjoyed the food so very much.
Cheers...

Write a reviewReviews (308)

Reviewed August 6, 2019

Great atmosphere in simple and cute downtown Glen Ellyn. Head chef John does amazing work. There is not a thing on the menu that you will not fall in love with.

Date of visit: March 2019
MJVai, Owner at Fire + Wine, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2019

Thank you Harry! Chef John is awesome. Our customers ask us “what’s good” and I just look at them and I say, “well I know it sounds cliché but everything is good!”
So spot on with your review and we appreciate your words and the five bubbles.

Reviewed August 3, 2019 via mobile

My son and I went for an early dinner (5 pm). We were promptly seated. I tasted a wine before ordering a glass to be sure I liked it. We ordered summer burrata as a starter. It was very good- May need to ask for additional crostini’s. I ordered the hot sausage & peppers pizza & my son ordered 3 cheese. He just about finished his pizza (1 slice left), but I could only finish half. We skipped dessert, but I regretted it because as we were walking out I saw a man with 2 scoops of amazing looking sorbet. Our server was one of the best I’ve had in a long time.

Date of visit: August 2019
MJVai, Owner at Fire + Wine, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2019

Thank you jhezod. We appreciate the review and of course the 5 bubble rating.
We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed July 19, 2019 via mobile

Up visiting one of our best friends and he took us here knowing my wife loves Italian ...the rub for her is that she has developed a gluten sensitivity , making it a challenge for her to get a great pasta dish .
When we walked into the entrance. I was immediately impressed with the decor. A cozy and intimate feeling with a perfect balance of dark decor and natural light !
This place gets crowded fast and while they don’t take reservations, you can call ahead to get your name on the waitlist . We were seated quickly, and the server was at our table immediately with water and back in a few minutes to get our drink and apps order ( the fried zucchini and an order of calamari)! The zucchini fires were good and the calamari were the large rings with a light sweet/spicy sauce barely drizzled onto the plate (meaning you could select pieces without sauce if you didn’t like the sauce..great “plating” by the kitchen!)
We ordered the gluten free pasta (penne was the only gf choice) with a grilled ceaser salad and it was absolutely wonderful . The bolognese had the perfect amount of small meat crumbles in light creamy sauce ...perfetto !! We finished off with a desert of Italian doughnuts with powdered sugar and a side of honey/chocolate sauce. The doughnuts turned out to be just like beignets, and me being from Louisiana, well let’s just same we don’t put chocolate sauce on our beignets!! So I ate almost the full large generous portion with just the powdered sugar figuring I could work off the “5 lbs “ I was gaining on the walk back to my buddies place.
A beautiful little gem in this great little community !!

Date of visit: July 2019
1  Thank W1361FLmichaelk
Reviewed July 4, 2019

I enjoy the salads and the flat bread pizzas. My husband enjoys the spaghetti and meatballs. A nice selection of wines and beers. It is a very popular place to eat so we try to get there when it opens. It the place is full it tends to be quite noisy.

Date of visit: June 2019
MJVai, Owner at Fire + Wine, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2019

Thank you Lori. We appreciate the review and a five star rating. We will continue to do what we do and hopefully I’ll continue to keep coming back.