“Never disappoints” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fire + Wine

Fire + Wine
Ranked #1 of 92 Restaurants in Glen Ellyn
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Casual dining with sophisticated hospitality. American food with an Italian twist, fresh prepared everyday! 78 wine bottle list, 45 global wines by the glass, hand crafted fresh cocktails, 38 item beer craft list. Reservations not accepted, we do offer a "call ahead, priority wait list" which you can call days and weeks in advance to get on, highly recommend to reduce wait times. Seating preference is given to elderly, pregnant woman, families with babies and local regular customers as a courtesy. Very family friendly local restaurant. TripAdvisor #1 restaurant in Glen Ellyn 4 years in a row as well as Certificate of Excellence.
Chicago, Illinois
“Never disappoints”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

I have eaten here several times but am just now getting around to writing a review. This place is by far one of my favorite suburban restaurants. The food quality is consistently excellent. I love that I can go with a group, sample several dishes (aka "small plates"), leave full and happy, and not spend a ton. The food is fresh, light and full of simple flavors. The simplicity is what I appreciate the most- no heavy, complicated dishes here. And the pizzas are to die for- I recommend the pancetta and arugula. Black pepper shrimp appetizer was out of this world. But truly, you can't go wrong with whatever you order. Cocktails were solid too. I tried the special, a coconut daiquiri on the rocks, and it was excellent. This is a definite must-try.

1 Thank Mshack

Elmhurst, Illinois
“You made me a fan!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

I visited this restaurant with few friends so we did the family thing here, we shared the wood-oven pizza, the vodka sauce pasta, grilled bread with whipped ricotta and honey (YUM!) and a few of their specialty drinks which were fabulous. Great service and atmosphere, my friends and I enjoyed the place so much I know that I will return.

1 Thank Chooseynat
Wheaton, Illinois
“City restaurant in suburbs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

This place has a great ambiance. You really feel like you are in Chicago. The menu is varied and interesting. We tried the zucchini fries and arancini mozarella, grilled romaine salad, butcher's corner pizza, and vodka sauce pasta.

The small plates and salad are some of the best ever. The pizza was quite delicious but crust was not strong enough to hold heavy toppings and was a bit soggy in the middle. The vodka sauce was really good but the cavatelli was not that great. The cavatelli at Rosebud are light and fluffy and these were heavy and dense.

We will definitely go back as they have many other dishes we would like to try. Service was excellent. A great surprise for downtown Glen Ellyn.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank StaceyZ1975
Chicago
“Great food. Great atmosphere. Run by great people.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

I can't say enough about this place. They serve an assortment of creative small plate entrees and also offer several unique wood-fire pizzas. The grilled romaine salad stands out and is a must to order. The atmosphere is upscale, bustling, friendly and has a downtown Chicago feel to it, only it resides in our quaint town of Glen Ellyn. They feature a nice assortment of craft beers and their wine list is exceptional. Highly recommended.

1 Thank CMGONLINE
Bucks County, PA
“Add me to the list of fans”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

My husband and I had the pleasure of dining here for dinner last week while traveling through the area. The food was very good. We started with the meatball sliders and the meatballs are huge. Our pasta dishes were very nice and the panna cotta fantastic. The owner seated us and checked on us during the meal. The restaurant was full in the early evening, partly due to a middle school graduation. The staff is so efficient that all ran smoothly and everyone looked happy. We will definitely return the next time we are in town.

3 Thank east12