“Nice lunch and great baked goods”
Review of honey cafe - CLOSED

honey cafe
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Fresh sustainable interesting young new cuisine menu with comfort food. We all enjoyed the lunch. Mac and cheese is really good, huge pot pies, great cupcakes and cookies.

There are newer reviews for honey cafe

Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Great service, great fresh brewed iced tea. Then, the cupcake...OH MY GOODNESS!!! Salted caramel cupcake was the best I've ever tasted ANYWHERE. it was decadent. Not just good, heaven. Everything a cupcake should be. And fresh. Made with care. Cute area with lots of other neat shops downtown as well.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

While staying in the western suburbs we went looking for a breakfast joint that would accomodate our gluten free companion, and we found Honey.
Located in a super cute and walkable downtown, Honey looked to be a great option as they not only offered a restaurant, but also baked good and coffee for a grab and go option on your way to the Metra (or way back for that matter).

The initial contact was a bit gruff and super hip, but our server was really cool and friendly, and the water and coffee were refilled often. The food was solid - I tried the eggs on a motorcycle, featuring eggs friend into their house made bread, with potatoes that I really enjoyed (these can go either way). My only issue with the plate was the fact that there is a LOT of bread here, and I left some. The caprese eggs benedict were very tasty, and my companions really enjoyed their food as well, which unfortunately I can't recall. The coffee was very good, which is HUGE for breakfast as there are some places (I'm looking at you First Watch) that struggle with the quality of a staple item for a joint serving breakfast.

Everyone left really happy and full, and that is what was most important.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

This is a cute little place with an awesome bakery display. My wife loves it, and we've come here with her friends for dinner several times. Each time it's a treat with an eclectic selection of unique dishes.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

I really want to love this place, but the service is continually slow, and of the 6-8 times I have eaten here, they always make a mistake on someone's order at our table. I have ordered the same thing on three different occasions and found it to be very different each time. Sometimes good, and then very forgettable at another time. Wish they were more consistent.