“A Hidden Gem. Seek it out!”
Review of Chicks N Salsa

Chicks N Salsa
Ranked #5 of 96 Restaurants in Glen Ellyn
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Chicks N Salsa in Glen Ellyn--a clean, well-lit restaurant, somewhat hidden, but seek it out!--serves scrumptious healthy food with a SoCal flare. I stumbled upon it while shopping with my wife about six months ago, and now we eat CnS weekly. Most Mexican restaurants serve burritos and tacos that are heavy, laden with cheese and refried beans, and have enough fat and calories to sink a small ship. Chicks N Salsa, conversely, is with fresh chicken or beef, on flour tortillas, with cilantro, black beans, lettuce, and tomatoes served made-to-order while you wait. The taste is out of this world. The signature meal is the Gone Fishin' burrito which is grilled or fried fish served with fresh vegetables and just the right amount (never overdone) of sweet chipotle sauce--phenomenal! Add some of the homemade salsa from the free salsa bar, and you are in for a taste treat. And healthy! My belly says "yummy" while my heart says "thank you".

You cannot get hot, fresh fish like this at Chipotle. And the grilled chicken here is seasoned, and super hot (not served out of a tin bucket, like the chains).

Chicks N Salsa has you order at the counter from friendly staff, takes about 5-10 minutes for the meal to be made on-the-spot for you, piping hot! Soda drinks are with self-serve, free refills. Parking outside is plentiful. The dining room is very large, clean, and has plenty of windows. I enjoy the warm, sunny feeling and simple decor the most, and often lounge for a time with a book while I enjoy the food. The food plus atmosphere is like taking a trip to sunny southern California, right here in Chicagoland. It really is a one-of-a-kind place, and this is its only location. Chicks N Salsa is not to be missed when you are anyplace near Glen Ellyn, IL Rating: A+

Reviewed July 7, 2014

What I like about this restaurant is that all of the food is fresh, and there is a good variety to choose from. There is also a delicious salsa bar, and even though it feels like "fast food" they always provide free chips.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Fast food prices and venue with sit down quality food. The fish tacos are better than ones I had in Maui. They prepare the fish tacos with fried or grilled fish. I order the fried but most people seemed to order the grilled so they must be good too. Great place for fast lunch. Good value.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The owner is very hands on, and has worked very hard to make sure that ingredients are fresh, and the service is good. I have a hard time ordering for pick-up, because some language barrier, and always have to double check my order. But it's great place for fresh tacos and more. It would be great if it was a stand-alone restaurant.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

My family goes here quite often. This tends to be one of our regular places to go when looking for a quick, good, inexpensive meal. The chips are awesome and we love the salsa. I get the chicken a lot and it is very yummy. My wife loves the fish taco's and my kids dig the kids meal casadia with a cookie and milk. You have to check it out if you are in the neighborhood.