“Excellent food and value”
Review of Chicks N Salsa

Chicks N Salsa
Ranked #6 of 97 Restaurants in Glen Ellyn
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 22, 2011

I was in the area on business for the week. Tired of fast food but not wanting to go alone to a sit down restaurant, I went to TripAdvisor to find something different. I found the reviews of Chicks 'n Salsa and looked at their menu on their website. When I saw the fire-grilled chicken on the menu I decided to give them a try.

The decor is that of a chain restaurant, but it is the only location. The restaurant is clean and the staff was friendly. It is a counter service restaurant with plenty of seating. They take your name and call you when your order is ready. I ordered the half chicken with baked sweet potato and grilled veggies as my sides. They also give you a choice of tortillas, corn muffins or chips to go with it. After less than 10 minutes, they called my name and I went up and picked up my dinner. It looked and tasted delicious. The chicken was tasty and moist, the sweet potato was excellent and the grilled veggies tasted very fresh.

They had a display of some of their desserts on the counter. I could not pass up the Wrapple (a fried, apple-filled tortilla w/ cinnamon-sugar). If you like hot apples and cinnamon you'll love the Wrapple.

There weren't many in the dining area when I first arrived, but the traffic increased in the dining area and for take-out food as I sat there and ate.

I would definitely recommend Chicks 'n Salsa to anyone in the area. I may go back later this week to try one of their Mexican specialties.

1  Thank CapedCodder

Reviewed July 31, 2009

These guys make an awesome fish taco. Their quesadillas and salsa are simple but excellent too. Their food is uber-healthy to boot (something that seems increasingly rare in Mexican joints). For the price you simply won't find better.

Reviewed July 20, 2009

An interesting mix of Mexican food and fire-roasted chicken, salads and side dishes. A great value for the price. Try the Baja fish tacos- they are awesome! Chips and Salsa are always complimentary.

Reviewed July 16, 2009

Chicks N Salsa in Glen Ellyn--a clean, well-lit restaurant next to Dominick’s Grocery—serves scrumptious healthy food with a SoCal flare. I stumbled upon it while shopping with my wife about six months ago, and now we eat CnS weekly. Most Mexican restaurants serve burritos and tacos that are heavy, laden with cheese and refried beans, and have enough fat and calories to sink a small ship. Chicks N Salsa, conversely, is with fresh chicken or beef, on flour tortillas, with cilantro, black beans, lettuce, and tomatoes served made-to-order while you wait. The taste is out of this world. The signature meal is the Gone Fishin’ burrito, served in smaller portions as the fish tacos, which are grilled or fried fish served with fresh vegetables and just the right amount (never overdone) of sweet chipotle sauce—phenomenal! Add some of the homemade salsa from the free salsa bar, and you are in for a taste treat. And health, tooy! My belly says "yummy" while my heart says "thank you".

Chicks N Salsa has you order at the counter from friendly staff, takes about 5-10 minutes for the meal to be made on-the-spot for you, and soda drinks are with self-serve, free refills. Parking outside is plentiful. The dining room is very large, clean, and has plenty of windows. I enjoy the warm, sunny feeling and simple decor the most, and often lounge for a time with a book while I enjoy the food. The food plus atmosphere is like taking a trip to sunny southern California, right here in Chicagoland. It really is a one-of-a-kind place, and this is its only location. Chicks N Salsa is not to be missed when you are anyplace near Glen Ellyn, IL Rating: A+

1  Thank Smythe77654