“Great service, good food”
Review of Glen Prairie

Glen Prairie
Reserve with OpenTable
Glen Prairie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 96 Restaurants in Glen Ellyn
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Finley
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Lunch at Glen Prairie was an excellent experience -- the food was very good and the service was also very good. You can order both breakfast and lunch at lunch, and their mini desserts hit the spot.

There are newer reviews for Glen Prairie

Reviewed December 16, 2012

We planned an early (4 PM) meal on a Sunday to celebrate my birthday. When we walked in, even though only one other table was occupied and some folks were sitting at the bar, we were seated at what I would consider a cocktail lounge-type table with a base so large there was no place to put one's feet. We switched to another table, under which there were pieces of bread scattered over the floor. The music from the PA was so loud we couldn't hold a conversation, and a TV monitor at the bar was playing a football game. Not exactly the atmosphere I expected based on the comments of other reviewers! We decided to get up and leave, and no one from the staff even noted our departure. It was as if they didn't care whether they had customers or not.

cpgel, Manager at Glen Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

I am terribly sorry that we were unable to meet your expectations during your visit, especially for your birthday celebration. I assure you that we definately care about each and every guest we have and I would love to have you contact me directly so I can talk with you. Please feel free to give me a call anytime at the restaurant, my name is Steve and again I am terribly sorry that we were not able to help you celebrate your birthday.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

This was my first time eating at this restaurant and I'll definitely be back. I had the butternut squash ravioli and it was delicious!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I liked the sit down breakfast. Omelet was yummy if a bit pricey. Service on a weekday am could have been better. I enjoyed the food and appreciated the potatoes on the side were more than your average hash browns. OJ tasted fresh squeezed. I did not try the buffet. I liked that Gluten Free options were available and some interesting takes on basics like squash pancakes. I would dine there again, just make sure to give yourself plenty of time.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

$12 for breakfast eggs, toast and coffee seems a little silly. Tiny bites of sauces at dinner with trendy combinations of flavors. but fresh local ingredients and some organic foods.