All reviewsdecent restauranthotel restaurant isthe pool looked nicevery nice hotelvisit familyclean roomseasy accesswedding receptioncoffee makerbed was very comfortablechicago arealobbyihggraniterefrigeratoreventmeeting
Reviewed September 27, 2010

Our daughter arrived several hours before my wife and I. The staff was very accomodating and made sure she got into the room safely. Room was very clean, large and also had two hide away beds for those with children. Room service was timely and above average. Usually stay downtown, nice surprise if you have to stay in the 'burbs. P.S. We use a TomTom gps and it turned us the wrong way off of 355. Make sure you turn towards downtown.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2010

This was a nice hotel...although anything would have been nice after our ordeal with Hotels.com that evening. We had lost power and decided after a very long hot day to cool off, find a deal and spend the night at a hotel. We booked a hotel off Hotels.com that turned out to be a very dirty, seedy, dangerous flop house and after many hours finally got them to book us here. It was nice, clean and loved the pool. The breakfast at the hotel restaurant was pricey but delicious. Very pleased.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2010

The room was nice, but you have to pay for internet, and there is no breakfast provided. When I asked about local restaurants I was told that there was a restaurant at the hotel, and I dont' have to go anywhere else. I asked about a Catholic church, and was told that there were some in the area.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2010

Last minute business trip to Oak Brook / Downer's Grove area. Tough week to make arrangements in Chicago - airfare was $600, first two hotels I tried were booked (Doubletree Oak Brook and can't remember the second), and rental cars at O'Hare were $180/day (for a Hyundai!). The Prez was in town and so was Lalapalooza, the Cubs, etc. A perfect storm for a business traveler.

Decided to chance it and did the online price bid thing - 3-1/2 stars for a reasonably low price. When it came through I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of reviews here on TA. My experience was very good.

I used West suburban limosine service to get there from OHare ($39 +tip(630) 668-9600. The next morning, when the cab I asked for was taking too long to arrive, the staff arranged for the hotel shuttle to take me to my meeting even though it was slightly farther than the permissible distance. Building is old but it has been completely redone and upgraded - very modern, chic look (not my fave but the place was in very good shape).

Since I didn't have a car, I ate at the restaurant, Glen Prairie. Had a caesar salad and a burger which were average but you can do much much worse at hotel restaurants. I sat at the bar which was a plus - Local brews on tap and a full service bar.

Suggestions for improvement - the business center is lacking (2 crappy Dell desktops and one printer), no pull-up bar in the fitness center, and my in room coffee maker was broken (it would still brew but the top had been sheared off at the hinge). These are all nitpicky things IMO.

I was surprised that the hotel is pet friendly and would say there was no evidence of "pet problems" in my room or elsewhere in the building.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 8, 2010

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza Glen Ellyn Lombard last year (May 2009) and had a great experience. So, when we headed back to the Chicago area this year (July 2010), we decided to stay there again. We are pleased to report that everything is still just as nice as it was a year ago. Very clean and we love the modern decor. Quiet and peaceful, with the exception of our teething 10-month old on the second night... our apologies to anyone who may have been staying in rooms 409 or 413! :-(

The only disappointment on this visit is that the beautiful indoor pool was temporarily closed due to mechanical repairs during our visit. I got the baby all suited up, blew up his floatie, and marched down there only to find a sign on the door that we couldn't swim. However, at checkout, I told the front desk how disappointed we were about that and asked if they could comp our 2 days of wi-fi (9.99 per day) and they were happy to do so.

We will absolutely plan on going back and I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It is aways out from downtown, but it's getting to the point where all the major downtown stores (like Crate and Barrel, Room and Board) and restaurants (Weber Grill) have locations in the area near this hotel. Excellent shopping and restaurants within 2 miles.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family